What kind of shape are you in?

OP
Z

ZenYuchia

age-16
height-5'11''
weight-175

I play JV lacrosse and Varsity hockey. Last year at lacrosse conditioning I ran the mile in 6:02. Over the summer i did 500 squats a day. now i just exercise when i can get it in.

OP
K

kenposcum

6'2", 175 lbs.
Deadlift 405x5, don't bench, squat, or much else
Pullups 16 hands facing, 8 hands away
Mile run 6:16
Got me one of them fancy sixpack thingys, which was kind of nice after a somewhat rotund childhood. Ab work is just whatever I make my students do with me.
At the dojo six or seven days a week, usually for four to six hours, at least one hour/day technical practice.
Just had a test on Sunday, so will be stepping up the physical prowess in coming months.
:asian:

OP
S

sammy3170

Height:5'8"
Weight:155lbs
Dont do free weights at all

At my recent Blackbelt promotion I did 53 proper sit ups(not crunches) in a minute. 49 pushups in a minute. On the second day after being absolutely drained on the first ran 2 miles in 12 minutes. Note: day 1 finished Saturday morning at 2:30am and day two started saturday morning at 7am.

Cheers
Sammy

OP
S

sammy3170

Originally posted by sammy3170

Height:5'8"
Weight:155lbs
Dont do free weights at all

At my recent Blackbelt promotion I did 53 proper sit ups(not crunches) in a minute. 49 pushups in a minute. On the second day after being absolutely drained on the first ran 2 miles in 12 minutes. Note: day 1 finished Saturday morning at 2:30am and day two started saturday morning at 7am.

Cheers
Sammy

I also train 5 nights a week for 1.5 -3 hours

OP
D

Deathtrap101

just turned 16 a few days ago, im now at 175-180 lbs and am back to doing over 50 pushups. Ill have to get back to you guys on body fat percentage whcih i want to get checked out and when i get to it ill try my push ups per-minute.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Height - 5'7"
Weight - 154
BF - was measured between 7.2 - 7.6% you just can't put an exact figure on that.

Bench - Decline 275
Flat 255
Incline 215

Squat - 305
Dead lift - 295
When I was at the top of my cardio a few months ago before my last test I ran 3 miles a day in 20:? it varied from day to day.
Stairmaster was 1300ft. in 8 minutes
Stationary bike was a mile every 3 1/2 minutes
I'm in martial arts class only 1 day a week. :( but the 6 other days a week I practice at home.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by sparky

I had a six pack but now its in the cooler

I'm working on my six pack right now by doing 12 once curls while excercising my eye balls by watching all of these Thanksgiving weekend football games on the tube :D

I think I'll start working on my 12 pack next... :rofl:

OP
S

Senfeng

I'm 30 and I recently re-entered martial arts. If I had to say what shape I was in, I would guess that Pear-shap would be the most accurate. Its been a while since I've lifted. My arms are still ok condition, but over the last 12 years, my each can of my 6-pack has fused together to form a large keg below my chest and above my... legs.

With the aid of QiGong, I've (nearly) stopped smoking. I've also started going to the gym, but I'm not too worried about how I look. I'm mainly focussed on increasing my stamina and shoulder strength.

OP
C

Cain

5'5 feet

100 pounds

82 puchups just about 15 mins ago :D
90 good sit-ups
Frog jumps for about 200 yards and back

Pretty good six - pack and a lean mean fighting machine :uzi:

|Cain|

OP
A

Angus

Lessee...

5'9" :(
148-150lbs

Dont know how many pushups I can do (never maxxed), but I do anywhere from 25-50 SLOW pushups a night

200 good crunches, usually every other night (sigh)

75-100 SLOW tricep dips, can usually go to 125 or more

etc etc.

I have a pretty weak (by my standards, at least) upper body, though I'm starting to get some tone on my arms, chest, etc. Just lost a lot of weight, so that helps. My lower body, however, is insanely ripped. Suppose partly due to mostly kicking martial arts, soccer, and genetics. :D My lower body is how I want my upper body to look (you know what I mean!).

Flexibility wise I'm really flexible everywhere but my hips. I can get about a couple inches from front splits, and pretty much full side splits. However, I used to be able to do them, so it bothers me that I can't anymore. A lot of it is strength, because my inner hips need to get a LOT stronger before I can do the vertical sidekicks again. :D My hamstrings are like rubber bands, but my inner hips get really tight. It sucks.

OP
T

TkdWarrior

cool....let's see

height : 5 feet 10 inch

weighs around : 82-83 kg(calculate the lbs)

body fat : Enuff

waist : 33 i guess(may be more i hav stopped training cuz of my
xams n i m biiggggg fooooody)

flexibility : good enuff to KO a 6 feet guy :D

push ups : well i havn't done lately but last time i barely managed 98 ...ok i guess

squat : hate squats

used to hav six pack(almost 8 pack :D) but now it's gone down to one or may be 2 ;) i hav stopped abdominal training long ago n i m working on doing some chi blasts :D
but last time i tried crunches i managed 100

hate running but still do it to check myself...
-TkdWarrior-

OP
J

Jill666

Height 5'7"
Weight:120
Waist- dunno I'm a Levi's size 6 :idunno:
Body fat %: Last time I checked out at 3% about a year ago

6-pack: all gone, working on a 12-pack now :drinkbeer
Actually, the abs are less cut than I'd like but I'm working on it

Pushups: Sets of 20 I never do more than 3 sets, I like free weights better. Besides I suspect I can't do many more... not in one session
Situps: 100 crunches, 30 leg-lifts, obliques as tolerated (not many by then) my usual routine 3-4 times a week
Pullups: Don't know I've done 10 slowly hands facing me, can't do many hands facing away.
Squats: 50 with light weight is routine
Dips: I do 2-3 sets of 10 three times a week. I prefer machines and free weights for arms

Fleibilty is good, a lot to do with size & being female I think.

I don't run unless chased- I'm quite fast but have asthma which cuts down on the endurance. My cardiovascular fitness definitely needs work. I smoked from age 16 to, well, a few months ago...

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Originally posted by Jill666
Body fat %: Last time I checked out at 3% about a year ago

Not to be picky or anything but I don't think that can be right. Men can get down in the single digits for body fat but if girls do I believe there are some serious health risks. Including the loss of monthly cycles (sorry I know Taboo, but that's the nices way I could say it)

Of course I could be 100% wrong on that, and considering you are in WAY better shape then I can even espire to be in I shouldn't even be opening my mouth. :shrug:

Keep up the great work!! :D

OP
B

Bagatha

Nope, your right. If a chick went under 8% BF she would likely die very shortly. Typo maybe? 30%? I used to work for a gym, measuring people everyday. The average woman is between 20-30%. 30 being on the noticibly "softer" range. 20% being very normal. 15% chicks looked like Angelina Jolie. All calliper measurements are not 100% accurate. Everyones body is different and of course there is human error. I think there can be up to a 5% variation either way. An example was when I thought I was at my skinniest, I could see abs and was super strong I got one of the girls to measure me, and it was at 18%. I freaked out thinking OMG Im a porker. Then when I went in again later, after a huge lapse from the gym and my jeans were getting snug, I thought I should get tested again to have a "starting" place for a goal. I was 13%. I dont believe either of them obviously. 2 different girls measured me and I got 2 different results from opposite ends of the spectrum. I think if those numbers were reversed, then that would be the true figure.

OP
J

Jill666

Huh, okay well that makes sense since women have much more body fat than men. I'm forced to assume the guy who was doing the measuring didn't know what he was doing- and since I am built like Angelina Jolie, I didn't question it.

Gym rats, tell me, what goes into measuring body fat besides those calipers?

OP
J

Jill666

Actually, I got curious, and found a site that uses body measurements by tape to culculate body fat, and came up with 15.6 % for me, which sounds more in line with what Bagatha said...
also found out my waist is 26" not bad for an old chick:D

OP
B

Bagatha

Hmmm....women also get measured differently then men do for the same test. Maybe he measured you wrong or something. For a girl they pinch you from behind the right tricep, then with one arm over your head, they do the abdomen, then the quad in a relaxed position. They simply take those figures, add them together and there should be a chart that tells you your BF. If I remember correctly, it was also seperated by age as well. Older people are more likely to have looser skin for example but that just proves the inaccuracy of the test, some old people dont have lose skin. You can also get tested with water which is more accurate they say. Im not sure how that works exaclty.

OP
B

Bagatha

Originally posted by Jill666
Actually, I got curious, and found a site that uses body measurements by tape to culculate body fat, and came up with 15.6 % for me, which sounds more in line with what Bagatha said...
also found out my waist is 26" not bad for an old chick:D

Oh cool. Post it!

Latest Discussions