UFC 193

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the wwe guys said the same thing l, alleging the fight was fixed for this exact reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, that's nonsense. Even if Rousey were the type to throw a fight*, the way you do that is to drop your guard for a moment, take a shot and go down. Make it look like a fluke and you don't have to take much damage. You don't deliberately run face first into hard shots repeatedly the whole fight until you're legitimately out cold.

*(Which I absolutely do not believe she is.)

If you want to see fights which may have been thrown, Ken Shamrock has a couple of likely candidates.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Yeah, that's nonsense. Even if Rousey were the type to throw a fight*, the way you do that is to drop your guard for a moment, take a shot and go down. Make it look like a fluke and you don't have to take much damage. You don't deliberately run face first into hard shots repeatedly the whole fight until you're legitimately out cold.

If you want to see fights which may have been thrown, Ken Shamrock has a couple of likely candidates.
I hope it is clear that I don't subscribe to the idea that Rousey threw the fight. I was only observing that Elder's opinions were identical to those of the pro wrestler, who used them to assert that the fight was thrown.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope it is clear that I don't subscribe to the idea that Rousey threw the fight. I was only observing that Elder's opinions were identical to those of the pro wrestler, who used them to assert that the fight was thrown.

And I'm not saying that either-what I am saying is that the timing is convenient-I have my suspicions, only because it's not like Ronda Rousey to show up so relatively unfit.....

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

If you were going to throw a fight. You probably wouldnt do it via head kick.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There is one important factor being missed. And hanzou mentioned it. If the other person is a craftier striker. You will look like a chump.

Not only because you get hit. But you then have to do stupid stuff to avoid getting hit.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holly Holm winning was "Plan B."
rolling.gif

It's a business, they do what suits them. If Rousey threw that fight then she's also taking the wrong acting lessons, one's supposed to act not actually get KO'd, break your jaw etc.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
It's a business, they do what suits them. If Rousey threw that fight then she's also taking the wrong acting lessons, one's supposed to act not actually get KO'd, break your jaw etc.
eh-her jaw ain't broken. Her face is kinda messed up. She needed stitches in her lip, and has some serious bruises....pretty sure that fight wasn't a work, but it's still convenient-fairly certain Dana White's scouting had it that Holly had a good plan for Ronda-willing to bet that he bet on Holly......and big....

in other news, though, how's this for classy?

11219663_1858809987696724_3130746197829088666_n.jpg

Last edited:

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
eh-her jaw ain't broken. Her face is kinda messed up. She needed stitches in her lip, and has some serious bruises....pretty sure that fight wasn't a work, but it's still convenient-fairly certain Dana White's scouting had it that Holly had a good plan for Ronda-willing to bet that he bet on Holly......and big....

Not classy in my book. Just an opportunity.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

It is good that she isnt hurt.

Apparently dana looked pretty shocked at the time.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And I'm not saying that either-what I am saying is that the timing is convenient-I have my suspicions, only because it's not like Ronda Rousey to show up so relatively unfit.....
Maybe not so much a fix, as a combination of some overconfidence, some distraction with all the irons she's had in the fire, some ego (gotta prove she's got the stand-up game she's claimed), some convenient break in her fight career) ... and a nice helping of Dana White gets a win-win...

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
A few things....

My girl (Rousey) is crazy-as in psycho. No one wants to believe that, but time will prove me right. I'm rooting for her.....

The WWE stuff--don't believe all the hype-they actually get bonuses from Dana for delivering that ****....and it wasn't so much....

My home girl (Holly Holm) is coached by my friends-I don't think she has more than a puncher's chance, but might have with another four fights under her belt-but she's got good stuff. I'm rooting for her too!

(Holly Holm developed knockout power in both legs pretty quickly, and she's a good boxer, and has proven to be able to fight takedowns well- I think she might have a prayer of a chance, but that's about it.)

(Ronda Rousey can't stand to lose-which is part of where "champions" are defined: how well they pickup from losing. It will be interesting to see her finally lose her UFC title, if it ever happens.....)
\
Pyscho falls against mental discipline.... my standard won out....:eek::D
\
Let's see who else stuck their foot in their mouth...:eek:

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Greg Jackson does it again. Holly Holm was a surgeon in that ring, and Rousey got too cocky with her "striking skills".

YTH did I stop betting on these kind of matches?:arghh:
\
Oh gawd... not more Greg Jackson fonalling???:yawn:

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
As we all hear, head kicks never work in a fight.

15cylww.jpg
The head kick worked because HOnda was pretty much battered & bewildered from the hand exchanges.... Holm's tactics were, in fact, spot on....

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
To be fair, I thought Rousey was doing pretty good in the first round. She went in for a couple of failed take downs but she landed about as many solid blows as Holly. She just straight up dropped her guard in that second round and got rocked because of it.
\
Holm didn't get away unscathed. Nevertheless, Honda really took a beating as well as experiencing a shutdown of her grappling tactics... IMO, Honda lost by end of Round 1. Round 2 was merely the finish of a defeated opponent....

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
She should have used her energy to stay focus on the fight instead of showing an attitude.
\
Yeah, and you should have responded more focused on the substance of my replies... Still, your sparring philosophy is sound....

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Her recovery was bad and as a result that kick.
\
HOnda was done mentally; and her overly aggressive attitude didn't fly against a superbly prepared professional boxer (kick boxer)...
\
= +1 for you, Ja Gow....

Latest Discussions