Style bashing

OP
Martial D

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's a good way to look at it.

- You believe in your god. I believe in my god.
- You explain why you believe in your god. I explain why I believe in my god.
- You don't intend to change my opinion. I don't intend to change your opinion.

This way, the world will be peaceful, harmony, and balanced.
Yup, and this is why the middle East is a peaceful paradise.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Short of fighting every single individual you suspect of "selling fantasy"... it's perfectly analogous.

Four pages of people telling you "you ain't the MA police" and you still don't get it. Yes, there is rubbish being peddled to the uninformed. Yes, the bulk of MA training probably isn't truly combative. Nothing you've pointed out is revolutionary.

Caveat emptor. It is (much as it might stick in my craw to say it) exactly as Drop Bear said:

It IS the 'understanding' that matters. This is an entirely individual thing, that you (Martial D) have no control over, or responsibility for.

'Styles' don't train - individuals do. Why waste time bashing styles? I've seen some styles that I personally think are inefficient trained to the point of efficacy by dedicated individuals... training honestly.

Any unprovoked criticism speaks more to the insecurity of the critical than the validity of the criticism, for me.

You don't think that is all just a bit dogmatic though?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, and this is why the middle East is a peaceful paradise.

False equivalency, the Middle East actually has nothing to do with religion and all to do with power, wealth, land and water.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Not all, but many. If you think the status quo of selling fantasy is ok, good for you. I find it reprehensible.

yup..like I said....Oh goody...another faceless nameless self appointed savior of martial arts on a quest to set us all straight.....yup let those who know what's best for us rise and save us from ourselves. :rolleyes:

So glad you spent so many years training so many martial arts in order to be the chosen expert we have all been waiting for to show us all the error of our ways.......nuff time wasted on you....have a nice day

OP
Martial D

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
yup..like I said....Oh goody...another faceless nameless self appointed savior of martial arts on a quest to set us all straight.....yup let those who know what's best for us rise and save us from ourselves. :rolleyes:

So glad you spent so many years training so many martial arts in order to be the chosen expert we have all been waiting for to show us all the error of our ways.......nuff time wasted on you....have a nice day
The fact that you are taking this personally when I've clearly pointed out this post is about scammers makes me wonder.

OP
Martial D

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
False equivalency, the Middle East actually has nothing to do with religion and all to do with power, wealth, land and water.
ROFL

If you say so.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Who are you even talking to?

I am speaking to you. I would have thought that was clear.

There is certainly a parallel to religious beliefs here, but that ain't it. The difference is you can't actually disprove the existence of gods the way you can with bullshido, yet the believers remain stalwart.

The similarity is that religious zealots and yourself are alike in that neither sees themselves as anything but the ultimate arbiter of truth. You cannot prove or disprove anything, any more than the religious zealot can, yet you both claim to be able to sort the wheat from the chaff with unerring accuracy. You say you can 'prove' validity, but the fact is you cannot prove anything of the sort.

Martial arts exist and serve many different purposes, some of which you may find useful and some which you may not. But whether or not you find them meaningful, realistic, or non-bullshido, they appeal to those who practice them. Whether the student is seeking self-defense training, sport competition, exercise, camaraderie, a hobby that keeps them active, inner peace, or whatever else gives their training meaning to them, it's valid - for them. It's not your place to debunk, enlighten, or otherwise bash anyone over the head with your self-proclaimed knowledge about what is and what is not valid training.

You are not the first to breeze through here with similar statements. You should have twigged to the fact by now that no one here wants to hear your nonsense. You mentioned Bullshido, and that is precisely the forum that welcomes this sort of thing; go there and be among your kind.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ROFL

If you say so.

I see you are an 'expert' in this as well as martial arts and therefore expect to be taken seriously but without turning this into a political argument I can safely say you know as much about Middle Eastern politics as you do martial arts. Therefore we will be taking as much notice of your historical knowledge as we do of your martial arts knowledge, that's to say none at all.
Your posts come across as ego driven rather than any wish to communicate which makes any discussions pointless, you will always value your opinion over anyone else's even if they happen to know far more than you do ( which isn't hard quite frankly).

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

As I said before this is a Kung fu guy who doesn't know his lineage how does that make him an expert in all martial arts

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
The fact that you are taking this personally when I've clearly pointed out this post is about scammers makes me wonder.
In my experience the ones who talk the loudest and have to tell everyone what to do are the ones with the most to prove because they feel they need to impress people and feel good about themselves

KenpoBoxer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
How do I know you're not a fraud you may be a fraud who trash talks everyone to sound intelligent prove you're not or shut up

OP
Martial D

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I see you are an 'expert' in this as well as martial arts and therefore expect to be taken seriously but without turning this into a political argument I can safely say you know as much about Middle Eastern politics as you do martial arts. Therefore we will be taking as much notice of your historical knowledge as we do of your martial arts knowledge, that's to say none at all.
Your posts come across as ego driven rather than any wish to communicate which makes any discussions pointless, you will always value your opinion over anyone else's even if they happen to know far more than you do ( which isn't hard quite frankly).
You have no idea what you are talking about. Just another emotional outburst from 'tez', big surprise.

BrendanF

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You don't think that is all just a bit dogmatic though?

Not sure exactly which part of my post you think is dogmatic.

To my mind.. 'style' = dogma. No?

So again, you have people who choose to adhere to a particular 'style'. And some who don't.

My only point I suppose was why bother bashing styles? There are crazy cults out there that believe in superpowers and the like - are you going to waste your time and energy 'bashing' them, and every other idiotic group out there?

I've got more important things to do with my time is all.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

The fact you think I take the personally shows you rate yourself way to high.

It is just there are so many of you out there and they all seem to show up here on a quest to save us all that it grow tiresome.....

So...how many styles have you actually trained for an appreciable amount of time that makes you an expert on this type of thing?

...or is it like many who come to web forums on similar quest that you are simply a master of YouTubeFu just like the majority who show up as self professed saviors of martial arts.....

You may want to familiarize yourself with the following rules of MT before you continue your quest to save us all..... at least you will know why you were banned when it happens

MartialTalk.com Forum Rules and Procedures
1.10 Forum and Art Bashing
1.10.1 No forum bashing
1.10.2 No Art bashing.
1.10.3 No Individual Bashing / Fraud Busting.

and now, without further adieu

Like I said before...I have wasted enough time on you...feel free to rail at my post, make gross generalizations and wrong assumptions to make yourself look more like the expert you are not...I shall not reply here again....have fun storming the castle

Last edited:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have no idea what you are talking about. Just another emotional outburst from 'tez', big surprise.

Emotional? :D:D Oh dear, you flatter yourself bigly. What is there about you to elicit emotion, well other than boredom.

Latest Discussions