Style bashing

OP
Martial D

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
The fact you think I take the personally shows you rate yourself way to high.

It is just there are so many of you out there and they all seem to show up here on a quest to save us all that it grow tiresome.....

So...how many styles have you actually trained for an appreciable amount of time that makes you an expert on this type of thing?

...or is it like many who come to web forums on similar quest that you are simply a master of YouTubeFu just like the majority who show up as self professed saviors of martial arts.....

You may want to familiarize yourself with the following rules of MT before you continue your quest to save us all..... at least you will know why you were banned when it happens

MartialTalk.com Forum Rules and Procedures
1.10 Forum and Art Bashing
1.10.1 No forum bashing
1.10.2 No Art bashing.
1.10.3 No Individual Bashing / Fraud Busting.

and now, without further adieu

Like I said before...I have wasted enough time on you...feel free to rail at my post, make gross generalizations and wrong assumptions to make yourself look more like the expert you are not...I shall not reply here again....have fun storming the castle

LOL

It's always funny when the fantasy fighting clique bands together.

OP
Martial D

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
So you can't say anything back to the comment. Point proven

You didn't make any point, or even address the topic. You made a bunch of baseless accusations in the form of an incoherent run on sentence.

Good for you for figuring out periods, though. That's progress.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
LOL

It's always funny when the fantasy fighting clique bands together.
You haven't actually answered the question of what your experience is...you talk big but don't actually tell us what your training is. All I've seen is you did Kung fu for a while without knowing who your lineage is. Maybe you can tell us your vast expertise

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You haven't actually answered the question of what your experience is...you talk big but don't actually tell us what your training is. All I've seen is you did Kung fu for a while without knowing who your lineage is. Maybe you can tell us your vast expertise

I'm guessing armchair martial arts with a healthy dose of Youtubefu

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score

Right. Someone else on the internet claiming perfect knowledge of a subject who will never have to back it up.

Tedious.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting though. He's just sitting at his keyboard making personal attacks on people, it's his idea of fun. He thinks he can 'trigger' ( I believe that's the 'in' word these days lol) people into hysterics by posting what he thinks are witty and clever remarks. he could be right but we'd be hysterical with laughter, nought else. :D
To paraphrase someone else, he's a good... bigly good martial artist, the best, he's going to make martial arts great again!! :asshat:

MI_martialist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This was perfect until you said Adieu and not ado....

The fact you think I take the personally shows you rate yourself way to high.

It is just there are so many of you out there and they all seem to show up here on a quest to save us all that it grow tiresome.....

So...how many styles have you actually trained for an appreciable amount of time that makes you an expert on this type of thing?

...or is it like many who come to web forums on similar quest that you are simply a master of YouTubeFu just like the majority who show up as self professed saviors of martial arts.....

You may want to familiarize yourself with the following rules of MT before you continue your quest to save us all..... at least you will know why you were banned when it happens

MartialTalk.com Forum Rules and Procedures
1.10 Forum and Art Bashing
1.10.1 No forum bashing
1.10.2 No Art bashing.
1.10.3 No Individual Bashing / Fraud Busting.

and now, without further adieu

Like I said before...I have wasted enough time on you...feel free to rail at my post, make gross generalizations and wrong assumptions to make yourself look more like the expert you are not...I shall not reply here again....have fun storming the castle

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

10929204_795928143817353_6017513086463935154_n.jpg

OP
Martial D

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yet none of you have the wherewithal to address the points made, and many of you would rather speculate about my leet youtubefu than actually read what was said.

And it is the prevalence of that very attitude and behaviour that explains the facticity of my opening post. A mutual admiration society hostile to any sort of criticism.

Rarely does a thread come full circle so elequently.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yet none of you have the wherewithal to address the points made, and many of you would rather speculate about my leet youtubefu than actually read what was said.

And it is the prevalence of that very attitude and behaviour that explains the facticity of my opening post. A mutual admiration society hostile to any sort of criticism.

Rarely does a thread come full circle so elequently.

Aw, do you think nobody loves you my pet?

OP
Martial D

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
QED

:)

I couldn't script this any better.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
QED

:)

I couldn't script this any better.
Has it ever occurred to you that your chosen method of approach affects the response you get? Steve challenges me far more directly than you do to these folks, yet that only dissolves into frustration when we cannot manage to communicate clearly. Why? Because Steve seems to start from a more neutral, objective position, even when he and I disagree.

MI_martialist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Let us go to the point of your post...you are correct...but what makes it that you can dispel these myths...that is the question we are coming back with.

One point of view - You are bashing my style!

My point of view - it is harmful and fraudulent to instill in people a false sense of confidence based on nonfunctional BS that will and has gotten many people hurt or killed. It is my duty as a martial artist to dispel these myths wherever I find them.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been in martial arts for decades, more than I care to think about really and I don't think that in all that time I've come across someone who was teaching fake martial arts for the money. For one thing there is little money to be made in martial arts here and another that faking your style seems a lot of work just to con people out of a few quid. Now I've seen instructors whose classes were to my mind, too easy or not robust enough, or they didn't teach what I consider practical self defence. Some classes might be too fitness orientated or not enough, they might be too macho/soft for my idea of what should be taught. That's in my opinion. I've seen a 'Samurai' fighting class that was more a historical recreation club than a martial arts class but while I though some of the stuff they taught was silly they were doing it out of genuine beliefs not with an eye to con anyone. They were actually lovely people who thought if they were attacked they could uncoil a piece of wire and stab their attacker's femoral artery, perhaps but not likely, however they weren't fake.
I'm sure there's fakes out there, just like the Walts ( people who fake a military career) but to come on here, rant and rave because we don't hunt them down ( isn't there a site for that..... :D?) then make personal attacks on people who disagree simply makes no sense unless you are trolling for whatever reason people do that for.... I imagine it's to do with the size of a piece of their anatomy...yes their little hands! what did you think I meant ;))
Ah well, I'm assuming this thread will shortly be locked. :rolleyes:

Latest Discussions