Six core elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lets go to biofeedback lab and see who is full of it.

Anytime, anyplace . Set it up and I will be there be it Harvard, UCLA, Boston Univ Lab.

Okay, you've got my interest again. What hypothesis would you be testing in this lab? What procedures would you be using and what results would you looking for?

Just being in a lab doesn't make what you are doing scientific. You need to make some sort of falsifiable prediction. What is your falsifiable prediction?

Article 1

This would indeed be an impressive result if it could be backed up. Was it ever published in a peer-reviewed journal? If such results could be consistently obtained, then Dr. Neely would have a good shot at winning a Nobel Prize for being in the forefront of research on the topic. Seems strange that he wouldn't publish the results and then continue doing more studies.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nice idea. What happens to the negative energy?

beginner level - inhale "positive" energy and exhale "negative" energy (you only care about yourself and just make yourself happy).
intermediate level - inhale "positive" energy and exhale "positive" energy (help others, not only make yourself happy, you make other happy too).
advance level - inhale "negative" energy and exhale "positive" energy (let all the negative energy to come to you, you have to reach to God's level to do this).

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
beginner level - inhale "positive" energy and exhale "negative" energy (you only care about yourself and just make yourself happy).
intermediate level - inhale "positive" energy and exhale "positive" energy (help others, not only make yourself happy, you make other happy too).
advance level - inhale "negative" energy and exhale "positive" energy (let all the negative energy to come to you, you have to reach to God's level to do this).

I don't disagree, I would be at intermediate level. I worked very hard at my social skills on that count, with a lot of help of course. I no longer piss everybody off at work with my "whatever you do don't piss him off)(my workmates viewpoint primarily) as soon as I walk in the door. Still though, my negative energy is still there for myself. Without it, I would be able to calm myself as it were. Nice answer though :)

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just being in a lab doesn't make what you are doing scientific. You need to make some sort of falsifiable prediction. What is your falsifiable prediction?
In science, first you come up your "assumption", you then try to prove it. Hendrik came up a "WC power generation assumption - 6 core elements". Now it's time for him to prove whether his "assumption" is as good as (or better than) other power generation method that exist in the CMA. This is why I would like to ask Hendrik to put up similar clip as the following clips (those 3 styles are famous in CMA power generation) so we can compare the similarity or the difference.

If we look at the following 3 clips, we can find something in common such as:

- compress your body and then release,
- stretch yourself to the maximum in one side then release yourself to the other side,
- use a soft slow move to create a hard fast move,

Please notice that all those power generation will take at least "1 full second". When you deliver your WC "chain punches", you may throw 6 punches within 1 second. Can you truly be able to generate your maximum power within that 1/6 second?

Can the "6 core elements" be able to solve the "power vs speed" problem that one can generate the maximum power within 1/6 second, also repeat the same process such as 6 punches in 1 second?

Baji power generation method:

Chen Taiji power generation method:

XingYi Liu He power generation method:

Last edited:
OP
H

Hendrik

Green Belt
Reaction score
In science, first you come up your "assumption", you then try to prove it. Hendrik came up a "WC power generation assumption - 6 core elements". Now it's time for him to prove whether his "assumption" is as good as (or better than) other power generation method that exist in the CMA. This is why I would like to ask Hendrik to put up similar clip as the following clips (those 3 styles are famous in CMA power generation) so we can compare the similarity or the difference.

- stretch yourself to the maximum in one side then release yourself to the other side,

Please notice that all those power generation will take at least "1 full second". When you deliver your WC "chain punches", you may throw 6 punches within 1 second. Can you truly be able to generate your maximum power within that 1/6 second?

Can the "6 core elements" be able to solve the "power vs speed" problem that one can generate the maximum power within 1/6 second, also repeat the same process such as 6 punches in 1 second?

John,

You have totally missing my points which i have many times explain to you

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi John- difficult to generalize across wing chun lines. There are differences in developing a punch and applying ina situation.
In application only 1 to 3 may be necessary.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You have totally missing my points which i have many times explain to you
You have explain your assumption/theory quite well in the past. It's time to prove it. In order to compare the "similarity" and "difference", will you be able to put up a clip similar to those 3 clips that I had put up?

Even Einstein needed to prove his "theory of relativity".

Hi John- difficult to generalize across wing chun lines. There are differences in developing a punch and applying ina situation.
In application only 1 to 3 may be necessary.
A movie clip comparison should be an interested discussion.

Last edited:

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You have explain your assumption/theory quite well in the past. It's time to prove it. In order to compare the "similarity" and "difference", will you be able to put up a clip similar to those 3 clips that I had put up?

------------------------------------------------------------
Hi John- I dont do movies or videos- dont even now how.. BTW-Einstein was not a lab scientist- others tested his ideas.
I can show things to anyone I chose to when I want to.

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
CXW's fajin is awesome- ditto for members of his family imcluding CXX and his son.

WC punch with the right structure is also awesome.

Minghe

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Man oh man oh man! I don't get it.I really don't. I offer Hendrick Santo a perfectly open and honest apology for my views of his writings as contributed to Sifu Sergio's book which I still regard as an interesting read.

Despite him telling me via Private Messages on Facebook that he accepts the apology and then in the next breath gets all "shirty" and arrogant because I asked him for his research and opinions as I wanted to apply some to my own direction and try to get my own art looking back to its origins!!! In brief I had wanted to work with the guy to see, perhaps even learn more accurately where he was coming from.

I mean WTF?

I am not going to divulge the content of those Private Messages as that would be unethical and unprofessional... but I just cannot get this guy? I mean he basically agreed with me, accepted my apology fully and then turned around in a very short space of communications and said I was not sincere in my apology (Despite me giving him no reasons to think otherwise!) and that I was somehow "Baiting Him" Man, it's just crazy!

The level of mistrust and negativity he holds within must be terrible consuming and personally damaging to him.

I myself have grown tired of the type of debates of the mature I contributed to in the past on this matter. I had wanted and god knows tried to move on from that point but he just can't see beyond what must be his own arrogance. I mean, honestly I have no ill feelings towards the guy. I only know of him from his posts on this and other forums and of course some of the ideas that Sergio has expanded upon and wrote more clearly in his book (which I had though did some good for Hendrik) and yet he is imprisoned in some sort of self-indulgent paranoia and negativity. Wow!, what a way to live.

I'm sorry Hendrick, I truly am but your arrogance and paranoia do you and your research no favours.

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
In your opinion, what's the similarity and difference between the WC's power generation method and the CXW's power generation method?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many similarities and differences- using the dan tien is a similarity- how used is different-for a start- the differences between silk reeling and chum kiu.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In science, first you come up your "assumption", you then try to prove it. Hendrik came up a "WC power generation assumption - 6 core elements". Now it's time for him to prove whether his "assumption" is as good as (or better than) other power generation method that exist in the CMA.

I'm not sure that is his hypothesis, though. His challenge was to meet up in a biofeedback lab. If he wants to test power generation, a biofeedback lab is not the place to do it. They would not have any tools for measuring power/force/impact.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm not sure that is his hypothesis, though. His challenge was to meet up in a biofeedback lab. If he wants to test power generation, a biofeedback lab is not the place to do it. They would not have any tools for measuring power/force/impact.
If you think that your

- head lock is strong enough to tap people out. you should roll against BBJ guys on the mat.
- rhino guard is safe enough to protect your head. you should box against boxers in the ring.

You then measure your successful/failure rate.

If you think that your "power generation method (such as the 6 core elements)" is as good as (or better than) other existence power generation methods, how will you test it? After you can "prove" your "assumption", people in the future will apply your "proved theory" without any doubt.

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The following clip also show "power generation method" similar to those 3 clips posted before

- move body from one extreme to another extreme.
- punching arm and chest are in a perfect straight line.
- use soft/relax to achieve hard/fast.

Just a simple drill, it shows how to train and how to achieve your goal (spin your body, punch out your arm).

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you think that your

- head lock is strong enough to tap people out. you should roll against BBJ guys on the mat.
- rhino guard is safe enough to protect your head. you should box against boxers in the ring.

You then measure your successful/failure rate.

If you think that your "power generation method (such as the 6 core elements)" is as good as (or better than) other existence power generation methods, how will you test it? After you can "prove" your "assumption", people in the future will apply your "proved theory" without any doubt.
Well, yes, that would make sense to a sensible person. However none of that is what Hendrick seems to be proposing. He's talking about proving his claims in a biofeedback lab, which has nothing to do with power generation of any sort. That would seem to leave a couple of possibilities:

1) He is interested in proving some sort of unspecified theory on some subject other than methods of hitting hard.
or...
2) He is spouting meaningless pseudo-scientific technobabble in an effort to appropriate the authority of science for whatever theory of martial arts practice he is trying to promote.

Unless he chooses to clarify what point he is trying to make with his references to scientific proof and laboratories, we'll just have to guess which of the two apply.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Man oh man oh man! I don't get it.I really don't. I offer Hendrick Santo a perfectly open and honest apology for my views of his writings as contributed to Sifu Sergio's book which I still regard as an interesting read.

Despite him telling me via Private Messages on Facebook that he accepts the apology and then in the next breath gets all "shirty" and arrogant because I asked him for his research and opinions as I wanted to apply some to my own direction and try to get my own art looking back to its origins!!! In brief I had wanted to work with the guy to see, perhaps even learn more accurately where he was coming from.

I mean WTF?

I am not going to divulge the content of those Private Messages as that would be unethical and unprofessional... but I just cannot get this guy? I mean he basically agreed with me, accepted my apology fully and then turned around in a very short space of communications and said I was not sincere in my apology (Despite me giving him no reasons to think otherwise!) and that I was somehow "Baiting Him" Man, it's just crazy!

The level of mistrust and negativity he holds within must be terrible consuming and personally damaging to him.

I myself have grown tired of the type of debates of the mature I contributed to in the past on this matter. I had wanted and god knows tried to move on from that point but he just can't see beyond what must be his own arrogance. I mean, honestly I have no ill feelings towards the guy. I only know of him from his posts on this and other forums and of course some of the ideas that Sergio has expanded upon and wrote more clearly in his book (which I had though did some good for Hendrik) and yet he is imprisoned in some sort of self-indulgent paranoia and negativity. Wow!, what a way to live.

I'm sorry Hendrick, I truly am but your arrogance and paranoia do you and your research no favours.

Hendrik is good at paranoia-zhang, Insult-quan and condescension-fu

zuti car

Blue Belt
Reaction score

If this is representation of "6 core elemnts " I would have to say a thing or two.
First , the title of the video "1700 wing chun" , Hendrik changed the year of his wing chun sevral times , it was 1850, then 1848,after that 1845 , 1800, and now is 1700, His wing chun becoming older and more original by day .
Second , there is no wing chun shown on this video, mostly tai chi mixed with some white crane
Third , what sergio is showing are cheap tricks , I can teach anyone to do that in 30 minutes . these things are just for show and work very well against cooperative partner , I would like to see him do these stuf on me .
Last but not the least , if someone take a good look on the people in this "seminar" it is obvious non of them is a real fighter , jut a bunch of people who search some miracle way to become strong and achieve the fighting skill but without hard work , so they fall easily on this kind of "soft, original , internal whatever " crap. There is only one way to prove is some martial approach is valid or not , and I am sure neither Hendrik , sergio, jim or their students will participate in any kind of full contact competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions