Ninjutsu vs Bjj (NAGA rules)

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ali got so beat up by a wrestler he could hardly walk.
You mean the fight where the dude lays on his back the whole fight and kicks Ali's legs?

Not sure we can call that wrestling...

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well its more of a counter-argument to the notion that him taking Ninjutsu is an excuse for why he lost to a kid with a 50lb weight disadvantage.
He didn’t do awfully until they got to the ground. I’m unsurprised by the last part. Most NGA folks would fare no better on the ground. Even with me putting more time into ground work, I don’t expect I’d match a BJJ brown belt on the ground. I’d look better (less panic) and be harder to take position on, but a strong purple belt should be able to destroy me on the ground, eventually.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Black belt vs Blue belt. 185 vs 135.

Goes about the way you'd expect, despite the Ninja guy weighing 50lbs more.

Honestly if I was the Ninjutsu practitioner, I'd throw my black belt in the garbage and start over. Supposedly the Ninja guy wasn't happy about this being posted up and made up all sorts of excuses. Pathetic.
Fake.

If this were real the Ninja wouldn't have let himself be seen.

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
lol.. I'll take that challenge. Heck yeah I'll grapple against a 135lb guy lol. Not even sure why you posted this one Hanzou. You must be getting ready to stir the pot.

I posted it to show the intricate beauty of a smaller person utilizing the power of Judo and Bjj to overcome a much larger opponent.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
You mean the fight where the dude lays on his back the whole fight and kicks Ali's legs?

Not sure we can call that wrestling...

If that's the scenario it goes nowhere toward being a rebuke to my statement of:

Let's see a pure grappler enter a boxing match under boxing rules.

Last I checked, laying on your back and kicking isn't within boxing rules.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If I entered a comp with BJJ folks I’d assume a bad ending if they get me to the ground and get a position. Wouldn’t stop me from entering. It’d be fun, either way.
If that happens. Just get your arms around their chest and squeeze as hard as you can. When you feel him exhale tighted up the squeeze and lock it. Keep doing that until he passes out.

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If that happens. Just get your arms around their chest and squeeze as hard as you can. When you feel him exhale tighted up the squeeze and lock it. Keep doing that until he passes out.

From what position do you think something like that would work?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I posted it to show the intricate beauty of a smaller person utilizing the power of Judo and Bjj to overcome a much larger opponent.
lol..yeah I'm watching you.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
From what position do you think something like that would work?
lol.. I stated the position in my statement about squeezing someone until they pass out.

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
lol.. I stated the position in my statement about squeezing someone until they pass out.

I don't see it, and from your description the only way that works is if you take their back, and it only works if you're waaaay stronger than the person you're rolling with.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see it, and from your description the only way that works is if you take their back, and it only works if you're waaaay stronger than the person you're rolling with.
Or perhaps from a rather intimate guard?

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Or perhaps from a rather intimate guard?

Well there's the scorpion rib crush that starts from high guard, but that isn't just your arms, its mainly your legs doing the squeeze.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
He didn’t do awfully until they got to the ground. I’m unsurprised by the last part. Most NGA folks would fare no better on the ground. Even with me putting more time into ground work, I don’t expect I’d match a BJJ brown belt on the ground. I’d look better (less panic) and be harder to take position on, but a strong purple belt should be able to destroy me on the ground, eventually.

He got put on the ground. So he lost the stand up as well.

But look more ninjas should be doing bjj comps. So good for him.

Latest Discussions