Ninjutsu vs Bjj (NAGA rules)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The most common counter used for single leg, or double legs is:

- double under hooks (for western wrestling).
- double hands back neck downward pulling (for Chinese wrestling).

What's the most common counter for single leg, or double legs used in BJJ?

Guillotine.

(This is a really obscure shot at BJJ. because of their head outside singles.)

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If we compare these 3 methods, IMO, the "double under hooks" may be the safest one to use. The timing is not that critical. As long as you put both hands in front of your knees, your opponent's hands can't reach to your leg/legs.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Like I said, a lot of them wind up in Bjj or MMA. If they stick around long enough, they become competitors, instructors, and coaches.

At lower levels, No-gi Bjj competitions tend to attract a lot of ex-high school and college wrestlers.
I think that has been another reason for BJJ's relatively fast progress - both in growth and in development.

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
Another issue there is that while wrestling is readily available in school, it's pretty tough to learn wrestling outside of school. So you got all these people who are great wrestlers, who no longer have any place to train, and not really anywhere to compete.

There is a local guy near me I took 2 private wrestling classes with. Worked on takedowns and sprawls, the very very basics. He teaches mostly high school and said I could practice with them. I decided against it and went into BJJ/Judo. You're right, it's very hard to find wrestling once you're past high school/college.

In many parts of the world though this is not the case....like Dagestan LOL.

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The most common counter used for single leg, or double legs is:

- double under hooks (for western wrestling).
- double hands back neck downward pulling (for Chinese wrestling).

What's the most common counter for single leg, or double legs used in BJJ?

Kimura takedown for single (don't know how common that is, but it works), and the Sprawl, Guillotine, or Guard for Double Leg.

Latest Discussions