Ninjutsu vs Bjj (NAGA rules)

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Black belt vs Blue belt. 185 vs 135.

Goes about the way you'd expect, despite the Ninja guy weighing 50lbs more.

Honestly if I was the Ninjutsu practitioner, I'd throw my black belt in the garbage and start over. Supposedly the Ninja guy wasn't happy about this being posted up and made up all sorts of excuses. Pathetic.

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ninja boy thought he was a grappler too.

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wait a minute... before we talk about how bad an art is, based on the results of one competitor, in one match.... The video points out that that was the Championship Match. Either, this organization is so small, that every fight is a championship match or Ninja Boy did quite well to get himself into the Championship match. Presumably there were many competitors that did not make the Championship Match... who were they and what did they study?
Honestly if I was the Ninjutsu practitioner, I'd throw my black belt in the garbage and start over.
I guess everyone who did not make it to the Championship Match should start over... But thats not saying much about the winner then either.

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Wait a minute... before we talk about how bad an art is, based on the results of one competitor, in one match.... The video points out that that was the Championship Match. Either, this organization is so small, that every fight is a championship match or Ninja Boy did quite well to get himself into the Championship match. Presumably there were many competitors that did not make the Championship Match... who were they and what did they study?
I guess everyone who did not make it to the Championship Match should start over... But thats not saying much about the winner then either.

They talk about that in the video info:

"This was the championship match in the gi-division. It was a 5 minute match / NAGA Rules. Nik and his brother Jeremiah were the only competitors at this event that were trained in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and Judo. As far as we know, all of the other competitors were black belts in Hapkido, Ninjitsu, and Japanese Ju-jutsu. Many of us have not seen a style-vs-style tournament since the early days of the UFC, so this was a very interesting event. The gentleman Nikolas Collier faced in this video told us he won the championship match last year with a score of 35 to 0. Even though there were various styles and backgrounds competing at this event, all the participants showed great courage and sportsmanship."

So yeah....

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah, but if it had been a Ninja tournament it would have been a different story. Especially had it been Sand Ninjas.

PiedmontChun

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I liked the throw attempts. Given the size difference - kudos to that 135 lb guy for stringing attempts together and then pulling off that uchi mata at 1:08 when other attempts were not successful. It gave him a head start on being in a dominant position on the ground, which could have difficult to come back from for the other guy even if he was of similar skill, let alone someone who probably does not train ne waza regularly. Isn't Ninjitsu pretty broad style wise and not super focused on grappling?

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
All that matters to Hanzou is that the bjj guy won.

Context doesn't come into it.

You act like I forced the Ninja to enter a grappling tournament. It's not my fault the ninja was delusional.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
You act like I forced the Ninja to enter a grappling tournament. It's not my fault the ninja was delusional.

No, it's not your fault.

But it's absolutely no reason for

Honestly if I was the Ninjutsu practitioner, I'd throw my black belt in the garbage and start over.

Because that's just plain being a tit.

Someone who wasn't trained purely in grappling lost a contest under grappling rules.

Hold the front page eh?

Let's see a pure grappler enter a boxing match under boxing rules.

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No, it's not your fault.

I'm just being honest. The ninja got schooled on multiple levels by a 17 year old who had a 50lb weight disadvantage.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm just being honest. The ninja got schooled on multiple levels by a 17 year old who had a 50lb weight disadvantage.

That's not "being honest" at all.

Also, read the rest of my message (I edited it).

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's not "being honest" at all.

Also, read the rest of my message (I edited it).

Again, its on the ninja if s/he thinks their skills allow them to compete in a grappling tournament.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Again, its on the ninja if s/he thinks their skills allow them to compete in a grappling tournament.

Still no reason to say their belt isn't worthy of the colour.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
No, it's not your fault.

Someone who wasn't trained purely in grappling lost a contest under grappling rules.

Hold the front page eh?

Let's see a pure grappler enter a boxing match under boxing rules.
Ali got so beat up by a wrestler he could hardly walk.

dunc

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think people get hung up on the belt thing too

I don’t know what level the “ninja” is or where he trains, but generally it takes 3-4 years to get a black belt in ninjutsu (probably 2 times a week) - which is equivalent to a BJJ blue belt in terms of mat time

And as others have said the curriculum is less focused on that format

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I gave you a few reasons.

At it again lol...are you sure you do not spend your time on you tube looking for things just to prove your point of view lol?

Oh and you may want to revise calling the person ninja boy as ummm there no such things as Ninja (or are you going to wiggle out of that one?) and for your info I think you will find the spelling is Ninjutsu )just pointing out as you like to be so correct and specific )

OP
Hanzou

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think people get hung up on the belt thing too

I don’t know what level the “ninja” is or where he trains, but generally it takes 3-4 years to get a black belt in ninjutsu (probably 2 times a week) - which is equivalent to a BJJ blue belt in terms of mat time

It actually takes less time to achieve a blue belt in Bjj. Usually only about 1-2 years of continuous training.

And as others have said the curriculum is less focused on that format

As I said before, its on the ninja for entering a grappling tournament.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions