New karate kid tv series

Michele123

Green Belt
Reaction score
Whilst we're on the general subject, has anyone seen the one after number 3, The Next Karate Kid, with Hilary Swank? I haven't yet seen it, any good?

Sorry, late to respond. I saw it as a young teen. I don’t remember the storyline now but back then I really liked that it was a female protagonist. As a young teenage girl, it was inspiring and encouraging to me. I don’t remember if I had started karate yet or not when it came out, but it was definitely an influence in my Martial Arts journey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Interesting new trailers showing the different characters. Makes it a lot more intriguing in my opinion

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
The problem is that it's youtube red. From what I hear it's not that great.

Michele123

Green Belt
Reaction score
Is YouTube red a subscription service?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
YouTube Red: not available in the UK...

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Think it was part of the Treaty of Paris.
it wasnt the Treaty of Paris...it was the Paris Agreement on climate change were we promised to not pollute the atmosphere or air waves with rubbish.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it wasnt the Treaty of Paris...it was the Paris Agreement on climate change were we promised to not pollute the atmosphere or air waves with rubbish.
What?? We have to keep the bad programs inside the US?? NOT IN MY BACK YARD!

(Hey, you producers! Get offa my lawn!!)

TheArtofDave

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What?? We have to keep the bad programs inside the US?? NOT IN MY BACK YARD!

(Hey, you producers! Get offa my lawn!!)

The untold truth of The Karate Kid

This link from Looper gives you a behind the scenes look at what inspired the movie. Pretty interesting.

Also there is a KR Cobra Kai in Cape Coral Florida. Look up Jack Harrah. Apparently the style of Karate that Cobra Kai uses in the movie is derived from Shotokan, American Kickboxing, and Filipino Martial arts. It has no kata.

So that may give us an idea of what to expect come May. And of course Jack Harrah actually teaches this at Kontrol Room Cobra Kai dojo.

So a Cobra Kai dojo does actually exist.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

This link from Looper gives you a behind the scenes look at what inspired the movie. Pretty interesting.

Also there is a KR Cobra Kai in Cape Coral Florida. Look up Jack Harrah. Apparently the style of Karate that Cobra Kai uses in the movie is derived from Shotokan, American Kickboxing, and Filipino Martial arts. It has no kata.

So that may give us an idea of what to expect come May. And of course Jack Harrah actually teaches this at Kontrol Room Cobra Kai dojo.

:O that's amazing... Maybe the Cobra Kai dojo will spread..... who should be the one to do that.....

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

There's also a jiu jitsu club called cobra Kai jiu jitsu

Latest Discussions