New karate kid tv series

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nope. They're all online. But unless you pay for YouTube Red (or sign up for the free trial month) you'll only be able to see the first two episodes. Because profits

Or places where red isn't available at all (like here) you get the first two free and it's pay per view for the rest...

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Using a VPN tunnel (like TunnelBear), couldn't you still use Red?

I could probably just proxy in much easier.

With either method, I'd need access to a geographically eligible account afaik.

Seems a lot of hassle to watch something that I haven't even seen the free ones of yet ;)

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What is Showbox?
It's a Free streaming service that has all the films and tv shows on it, available for Android and I think Windows , it is I believe based on Russia who Ar'nt it seems overly concerned with copy right issues, it's all the rage in the Uk ,available On Google play

Last edited:

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
so i watched the two free episodes. its ok. William is a good actor. i really like the Johnny character. i think the producers are not sure of their audience. one the one hand there is really cheesy parts like " every customer gets a bonzai tree and we kick the competition and the chopping prices" on the other hand there is a lot of swear words that i wouldnt want my 7 year old to watch.
there is a lot of juxtapost positions between the two characters. i think we are going to see Jonny who is traditionally the bad guy in a better light. he is already showing a soft spot for the non cool kids. while it seems Daniel is going to be teaching the bullies who happen to be friends with his daughter. there is also an underlying contrast between time and culture. Daniel is a kind of lost innocence of the past but Johnny is a throw back from a time of hard core karate. in todays culture, media wise we have lost that innocence of Leave it to Beaver shows and idyllic sitcoms like the Cosby show and Family Ties where everything is very canned. but at the same time we have kids "with inhalers , peanut allergies and gender neutral roles" rock and roll is dead. the fact that the show uses swear words is in stark contrast to the original karate kid. i find this American culture contradictive counter play interesting. seems they are playing with achtypes

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
SPOILERS BELOW

So I looked up what happened simply because I was never going to watch the whole thing but looks like johnnys son will now be training with Daniel and wow...well here's the final clip of the last episode and damm if there's a series 2 that'll be very interesting. Here it is below for those who can't watch the whole thing spoilers obviously

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also found this fight scene. The kids the one Johnny trains and the girl is Daniels daughter. Not posting this stuff to spoil it for anyone it's just for people who either can't afford it or can't get access to it....I'm both of those things lol. Anyway the fights seem to be pretty good in this.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SPOILERS BELOW

So I looked up what happened simply because I was never going to watch the whole thing but looks like johnnys son will now be training with Daniel and wow...well here's the final clip of the last episode and damm if there's a series 2 that'll be very interesting. Here it is below for those who can't watch the whole thing spoilers obviously

That looks like they're setting up the main drama to be between Daniel and Johnny's old instructor. Maybe Johnny's going to be a sympathetic character later - a recovered soul.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also found this fight scene. The kids the one Johnny trains and the girl is Daniels daughter. Not posting this stuff to spoil it for anyone it's just for people who either can't afford it or can't get access to it....I'm both of those things lol. Anyway the fights seem to be pretty good in this.

A little bit more Jason Bourne this time around.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SPOILERS BELOW

BTW, you can use the SPOILER tag (works just like the QUOTE tag) if you want to post something without people having to worry about accidentally reading a spoiler.

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
That looks like they're setting up the main drama to be between Daniel and Johnny's old instructor. Maybe Johnny's going to be a sympathetic character later - a recovered soul.
Tbh while that ending was cool and great service it felt a bit silly tbh like surely the guy wouldn't care anymore after all these years but well I guess it's a good way to try and get series 2 commissioned

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tbh while that ending was cool and great service it felt a bit silly tbh like surely the guy wouldn't care anymore after all these years but well I guess it's a good way to try and get series 2 commissioned
Agreed. It makes his character at least as shallow as he was in the original movie.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder, folks, that while some countries and some websites don't respect copyright issues, we do here at MartialTalk, and we don't promote sites that evade it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
so i watched the two free episodes. its ok. William is a good actor. i really like the Johnny character. i think the producers are not sure of their audience. one the one hand there is really cheesy parts like " every customer gets a bonzai tree and we kick the competition and the chopping prices" on the other hand there is a lot of swear words that i wouldnt want my 7 year old to watch.
there is a lot of juxtapost positions between the two characters. i think we are going to see Jonny who is traditionally the bad guy in a better light. he is already showing a soft spot for the non cool kids. while it seems Daniel is going to be teaching the bullies who happen to be friends with his daughter. there is also an underlying contrast between time and culture. Daniel is a kind of lost innocence of the past but Johnny is a throw back from a time of hard core karate. in todays culture, media wise we have lost that innocence of Leave it to Beaver shows and idyllic sitcoms like the Cosby show and Family Ties where everything is very canned. but at the same time we have kids "with inhalers , peanut allergies and gender neutral roles" rock and roll is dead. the fact that the show uses swear words is in stark contrast to the original karate kid. i find this American culture contradictive counter play interesting. seems they are playing with achtypes
Well tbh karate kid was never a kids movie it had bad language in the originals as well

OP
H

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well I just watched the last fight scene and it's very interesting how it plays out in contrast to the first movie

Latest Discussions