Shim Gum Do in Toronto?

Jslotta

White Belt
Reaction score
Anyone know of a Shim Gum Do school or group in Toronto? My daughter has been blessed to attend training and belt tests at this great temple in Massachusetts - taught by the Founding Master. Now it looks like we may be moving to Toronto this summer, and I would love to find a new place for her to train and be taught. thanks for any suggestions!

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The site you linked to lists all the schools that teach that style, which appears to be a couple of schools in Boston, one in Rhode Island and one in Italy. That's one downside, unfortunately, to studying a recently-invented independent style. No matter how good the style may be, the number of people teaching it will be very small for the first couple decades. I'm sure there are some Buddhist temples and some Kendo or Kumdo groups in Toronto, though, which will probably allow her to continue training the sword and doing the religious stuff (from the site, it sounds like the Buddhist religious practice is an important part of the study there?), just not necessarily together.

Latest Discussions