kubotan dual

Porong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am legally considered a martial arts expert ( so this means if I brutalize any one it could show up as a deadly weapons charge) I am of the opinion that it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 or is the number 8 but any way can you think of any tactical advantage if I have a dna cather kubotan on a key chain its own key chain and on the other end I put a pointed kubotan? thoughts please thank you.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am legally considered a martial arts expert ( so this means if I brutalize any one it could show up as a deadly weapons charge)

As was explained to you about a month ago, this is false.

I am of the opinion that it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 or is the number 8

It's six, but that's not too important.

but any way can you think of any tactical advantage if I have a dna cather kubotan on a key chain its own key chain and on the other end I put a pointed kubotan? thoughts please thank you.

So you want to have a kubotan, linked to another kubotan? Why? I don't necessarily see the issue with it (provided you actually know how to use a kubotan),but you wouldn't necessarily need two that are connected to each other...that sounds more likely to just be tougher to fit in and grab out of your pocket. If you want two, put one thats easily accessible from each hand (right and left pockets for instance), so if one of your hands is pinned you can still grab one.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Read that about five times to understand the question.

No. Kubotans are a trick weapon. If you suddenly find yourself in a conflict with a dude who you think can beat you up. A kubotan is not really going to make up the difference.

Where as Kubotans are perceived as really real weapons and so elevate you to a GBH rather than an assault.

Only my left hand is deemed a deadly weapon.

But it is so deadly they named a street after it.

36063229_10214661996797294_640345083706605568_o.jpg

Last edited:
OP
P

Porong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well I am not sure if any one considered the laws are possibly different in different places my instructor did say it could potentially be assessed as a deadly weapons charge his wife is also a martial arts instructor and a lawyer

And when I asked a police officer he said that the court will have to make the decisions on what will be accessed is this not true? I mean if I want l legal advice is it not truly the best advice to ask an attorney? I mean it would seem this is not the appropriate forum for legal advice?( Not All countries have the same laws)

I basing my opinion on what my instructor and a police officer told me sorry if not everyone agrees but some times people dis agree on things can we agree that this is not a legal advice forum and if I am worried perhaps I should seek legal counsel? Pehaps we will have to agree to disagree and move on please? Thank you

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Regardless of the legal nature what if someone thinks you kubotan is a knife and pulls out a weapon that time much more dangerous than a kubotan?

OP
P

Porong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I the issue is I think I issue is legally I think the choices are kubaton or pepper spray certain laws for transport for of knives lawyers have argued it may not be the best to carry a knife for defense charges are possibly more serious if the aggressor could win case against you I belive the problem with tear gas and or pepper sprays it an aersol I think raid teams use gas masks when sprays are used because of potential inhalation etc ps I think I read possibly sprays don't work on intoxicated or drug addicts I think the mini baton is more likley less dangerous than having a spary or a knife in my location is is prohibited to have electronic restraining device so I really think the mini baton is the best legal option in my area obviously it will do not good against a gun but I think I would rather carry a mini baton than nothing at all.

OP
P

Porong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If you get into trouble any thing will be better than nothing is it true?
Also just because you have the thing does not mean you have to use it. Also I am watching a video on mini baton right now if something happens it could possibly ade escape even if firearms permits are not used here I would tend to think firearms are much more dangerous if you don't know how to use them than regular hand weapons and as previously stated citizens here are prohibited from conceal carry as general rule the police do not issue permits concealed weapons permits to average citzens it seem the logical legal option is a mini baton I already explain why I don't like Sprays I am certainly not traveling to places wearing a gas masks so I can safely use spray without fear I think the kubaton even though legal to carry is it not a variation of the deadly yawara stick and therefore could be very dangerous if properly used is that not true? I mean I would think if you have one I think could be very effective if properly used and would be better than nothing don't you agree as stated before three are weapons restrictions I think is the only logical legal option here

Last edited:
OP
P

Porong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sprays could be inhaled

Also just because you have the thing does not mean you have to use it. Also I am watching a video on mini baton right now if something happens it could possibly ade escape even if firearms permits are not used here I would tend to think firearms are much more dangerous if you don't know how to use them than regular hand weapons and as previously stated citizens here are prohibited from conceal carry as general rule the police do not issue permits concealed weapons permits to average citzens it seem the logical legal option is a mini baton I already explain why I don't like Sprays I am certainly not traveling to places wearing a gas masks so I can safely use spray without fear I think the kubaton even though legal to carry is it not a variation of the deadly yawara stick and therefore could be very dangerous if properly used is that not true? I mean I would think if you have one I think could be very effective if properly used and would be better than nothing don't you agree as stated before three are weapons restrictions I think is the only logical legal option here

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you get into trouble any thing will be better than nothing is it true?

Ok. So if you pull out your kubotan and the other guy pulls out some pepper spray.

Do you think you will win that fight?

OP
P

Porong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There are few legal options o here rather take risk with a kubotan than encounter a crazy person and be unarmed

Also I am not going to travel places wearing a gas masks so I don't have to fear the use of aErosols sprays

OP
P

Porong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Pepper spary is not incredibly dangerous just because you have the thing does not mean you have to use it

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are few legal options o here rather take risk with a kubotan than encounter a crazy person and be unarmed

Also I am not going to travel places wearing a gas masks so I don't have to fear the use of aErosols sprays

That's fine. Say crazy person has pepper spray. Are you going to try to attack him with your kubotan?

This is the biggest issue kubotans have is every other weapon is better.

A can of vegetables will hurt a guy more than a kubotan.

OP
P

Porong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I DON'T know about where you are but most deadly or dangerous weapons are illegal hear it think I will take my chances with the kubotan rather than be caught unarmed

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I DON'T know about where you are but most deadly or dangerous weapons are illegal hear it think I will take my chances with the kubotan rather than be caught unarmed

Where are you?

The law is a funny thing, and quite honestly a police officer is almost never a good source of legal advice.

A lawyer/attorney (whatever is what in your location) is only one step up from that as well, unless it's their area of expertise - even then you'll likely get 3 different answers from 2 different 'experts', especially in grey areas...

I'm certainly no expert, but I know the basics for where I live - and the most basic of that is that anything at all will be legally treated as a weapon if used as such.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
can you think of any tactical advantage if I have a dna cather kubotan on a key chain its own key chain and on the other end I put a pointed kubotan
Well, you're not asking about the advantage of putting a side handle on a kubaton, so there's that as a positive note. If I understand correctly, you want to attach two different styles of kubatons together, into what would seem to be a miniature set of nunchaku. Advantages? Absolutely none that I can think of. Bulky, yet compact, hardly intuitive as to which side to use (I assume with two different styles of kubaton, there is a reason to have them being different), too small to be used effectively as a flail.

I'm asking based on your apparent lack of understanding of how various weapons work (asking about side handles on Bos, dual kubatons), what exactly are you a martial arts expert in?

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Where are you?

The law is a funny thing, and quite honestly a police officer is almost never a good source of legal advice.

A lawyer/attorney (whatever is what in your location) is only one step up from that as well, unless it's their area of expertise - even then you'll likely get 3 different answers from 2 different 'experts', especially in grey areas...

I'm certainly no expert, but I know the basics for where I live - and the most basic of that is that anything at all will be legally treated as a weapon if used as such.

There are alot of attorneys out there that do not practice criminal law or aren'tknowledgeable in self defense but love to give advice on it.....and it's usually worthless.

I once argued with an attorney for 30-40 minutes on a self defense case before he admitted he had never read Graham v. Conor. Everything he said went directly against that ruling.

So if you are going to get advice....make sure the person has a background in it and is knowledgeable.

Last edited:

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am legally considered a martial arts expert ( so this means if I brutalize any one it could show up as a deadly weapons charge) I am of the opinion that it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 or is the number 8 but any way can you think of any tactical advantage if I have a dna cather kubotan on a key chain its own key chain and on the other end I put a pointed kubotan? thoughts please thank you.

Quit trollin bro.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
A kubotan is basically a toothbrush with the bristles removed. Why not just beat dudes up with an actual toothbrush? Im sure the charges would be less and you'll look like a stud when the story gets told.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A kubotan is basically a toothbrush with the bristles removed. Why not just beat dudes up with an actual toothbrush? Im sure the charges would be less and you'll look like a stud when the story gets told.

God, I so love this post.

Latest Discussions