Joe Rogans Accomplishments and USTU/USTA events?

Discussion in 'Tae-Kwon-Do' started by Drose427, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Laplace_demon

Laplace_demon Black Belt

Kyokushin is not exactly known for it's spinning back kicks ......... Never did I claim that Rogan is the best kicker. He is technically skilled and talented. And nobody has been able to demonstrate a superior example of spinning back kicks, simply because there are none.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. Laplace_demon

Laplace_demon Black Belt

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Drose427

Drose427 3rd Black Belt

Actually several of us have........and pointed out where to find equal or better..

Youre just covering your eyes and screaming, "lalalalalalalal"

He isnt as talented as youre claiming whatsoever. He has proper skill, but nothing beyond normal BB and advanced belt standards.

Talent stands out. None of Rogans "accomplishments" have been or can be verified other than words from his mouth. And those words, dont line up with records, anecdotes, and facts.

Nothing joe has shown or said has ever put him as above average with TKD.

Youve had videos, links, recommendations on where to find more, and the opinions and advice of folks far more experienced than youreself.

His BJJ may very well be a rare level of talent, but his TKD isnt.

Youre simply hiding behind arrogance and admiration.

For kyukushin being known for back kicks, gsp sure used a good bit of them before that clip.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Laplace_demon

Laplace_demon Black Belt

You don't seem to get it that one can be a technically skilled martial artist, yet terrible at fighting. It´s not uncommon to find gifted people in patterns who do much worse at sparring, and the other way around. None of your examples demonstrated anything even remotely similiar to Rogans demonstrations. I very much doubt that you are a black belt.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  5. Drose427

Drose427 3rd Black Belt

Actually the videos i posted showed equal or superior tech, we told you were to get more evidence, and you again, have been told by people far more knowledgable and experienced than yourself the answer.

if youre still claiming joes tech is truly superior after everything EVERYONE has shown and told you, youre simply stubborn. I suggest you get to training and leave the fantasy world that a man whos bragging accomplishments he hasnt made or are completly unsubstantiated and unverifiable by record or outside anecdote, whose technique is average, is some great fighter.

Have fun

6. Laplace_demon

Laplace_demon Black Belt

That's not true. Earl Weiss is an 8th dan and agreed with me.

7. Drose427

Drose427 3rd Black Belt

Actually he corrected you on your innaccurate history of ITF and said the exact same thing we have been.....he said he liked Joes tech, which we've said is proper. But it isnt phenomenal, nor did master weiss say t was phenonemenal. He then went on tk say how he felt it was improper to rate someones kicks based on a bag.

Later he disagreed with me about le's kicking, but nowhere has he agreed with your sentiment that Joe is or was an above average kicker.

8. Orange Lightning

Orange Lightning Purple Belt

I binge watched a bunch of gingerninja videos again. Discovered another channel called fightTIP on accident. Stumbled into the fight between Muhammad Ali and George Foreman. :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Master of Arts

Attack the argument, not the person.

I hold a BB and I maintain that the technical standards in the videos Drose and I have posted are equal to or better than that of JR.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tez3

Tez3 Sr. Grandmaster

• Supporting Member
    Laplace, you can dislike my above post as much as you like but you cannot escape the truth, that Rogan's fans are fanatical and vile. Even after Rogan himself asked them to lay off they continued to harass and threaten Rosi. I've seen the posts and tweets and they are far worse than the few quoted below. I also know the effect on the person who received them ( who has a young son she was worried for his safety after some of the comments made to her), you have no idea what such online nastiness and bullying can have on the most sane and intelligent person. It's a tsunami of hatred that few of us, luckily, have experienced. Rogan fan's aren't really so much fan's as nasty bullies who even he disowns. With your insults to those on here it's beginning to looks if you are one of their number.

Rosi Sexton and Joe Rogan bump heads and brains on Twitter BJPENN.COM

11. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Master of Arts

Falsehood! Back Kick, or in Japanese Ushiro Geri is absolutely part of the Kyokushin kicking repertoire, and is often a fight ender when it connects with the solar plexus or head.

Do better research!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Laplace_demon

Laplace_demon Black Belt

I don't want to speak too much about Kyokushin, but traditional karate overall is not at the level of TKD (that includes both KKW and ITF) in kicking. Koreans are have a definitive edge.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Tez3

Tez3 Sr. Grandmaster

• Supporting Member

Now that's just style bashing from someone who knows very little about either karate or TKD.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Master of Arts

In other words, you were wrong and now you want to change the subject to draw attention away from that. Which is who you have done all the way through this thread, which is why it has turned into a string of erroneous claims and style bashing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Laplace_demon

Laplace_demon Black Belt

A karate practitioner objects! I am in chock. Saying one has an edge over the other in a specific area is not style bashing. This is a style bashing complex

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Drose427

Drose427 3rd Black Belt

Especially considering the Korean Influence in Kyukushin.....

Lets not forget Mas Oyama wasnt his birth name after all;)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Laplace_demon

Laplace_demon Black Belt

Not really. I would still take the Tkdoin over a Kyokushin guy in spinning back kicks, and spin kicks overall. All else equal.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Tez3

Tez3 Sr. Grandmaster

• Supporting Member

I think you need a doctor if you are in chock.

You simply don't have enough knowledge to even compare karate styles let alone compare anything to TKD. You don't know enough about anyone's training to comment on how people do back kicks or anything else for that matter. You haven't seen how all TKD people kick let alone karateka.
    How do you know karateka don't do very good back kicks? Even if we were to accept your premise that Kyokushin don't do kicks well, which I don't btw, how many other karateka from other styles can do amazing kicks? it doesn't mean karate is useless at kicks.
    You are style bashing, you don't seem to actually like any style. You bashed up TKD not so long ago now it's karate's turn.

19. Gnarlie

Gnarlie Master of Arts

I haven't been around long, but I know that Tez3 has somewhat more diverse experience than just Karate. You might want to look a bit deeper into the background and experience of the people you are insulting here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Laplace_demon

Laplace_demon Black Belt

You are intentionally distorting my comments, and should receive a warning for it. I have never said they don't have very good back kicks. You don't know anything about my knowledge of Karate.