Joe Rogans Accomplishments and USTU/USTA events?

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Not really. I would still take the Tkdoin over a Kyokushin guy in spinning back kicks, and spin kicks overall. All else equal.

A couple of posts ago you weren't even aware of the existence of back kick in Kyokushin. Now you want to form an opinion?

Laplace_demon

Black Belt
Reaction score
A couple of posts ago you weren't even aware of the existence of back kick in Kyokushin. Now you want to form an opinion?

I wrote that they weren't exactly known for it. Karatekas are not as known for their spinning kicks compared to TKDoins. Surely you don't dispute that? I know of course that Karate styles (including Kyokushin) has the back kick (Ushiro -Geri)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are intentionally distorting my comments, and should receive a warning for it. I have never said they don't have very good back kicks. You don't know anything about my knowledge of Karate.

As has been said, you didn't even know they did back kicks. And you don't really want me to re-post all your comments as well as your insults up.
If what you write up here is indicative of your knowledge of TKD and karate, then yes, we do know quite a lot about your knowledge or lack of I should say.

Laplace_demon

Black Belt
Reaction score
As has been said, you didn't even know they did back kicks.

No, YOU inferred that was the case. Wrong

And you don't really wantme to re-post all your comments as well as your insults up.
If what you write up here is indicative of your knowledge of TKD and karate, then yes, we do know quite a lot about your knowledge or lack of I should say.

I can even grant your point: Saying practitioners overall are not very good at something, is not style bashing, or bashing at all.

OP
D

Drose427

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Just googled Kyukushin Back kick, and found more Kyukushin results of it in matches than googling TKD back kick which resulted in more how to and instructional videos......

Hard to say they arent known for it when its being used pretty frequently In kyukushij tourneys...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to a hardcore KKW school and ask them about their tul. Expect their eyes to pop out.

You are mindboggingly stubborn

The exact opposite of Gnarlies approach. I think hardcore attitudes are silly, but they do posses a certain charm. These schools all live in their own bubble, so to speak. I am far too intelligent to buy into any of it. There are pros and cons

I would like to see any random black belt from a TKD school kick that fast, technical, and hard at the same time

I actually go Muay Thai style with them against mitts, and disregard form (intentionally).

MT and Kickboxers are trained to take hits at full contact constantly, more parts of the body as well. TKD guys are not. This is fairly trivial.

Haha, yeah, his instructor GM Jae H Kim is probably a noob.

TKD is burdened with counterproductive rule sets for developing fighters.

while most of the WTF kicking will not work in a kickboxing or K1 arena

You are not going to convince me that WTF is full contact in practise. Nonsense.

My point is that TKD sport has no bearing outside of TKD for fighting. You can forget about most of those WTF kicks on the street in jeans in a dangerous situation. It wouldn't be wise to try out, even if you could. The same is true in a K1/kickboxing arena. In most fighting involving kicks and punches, training in TKD rules is counterproductive.

You are so full of yourself. I think I have said all that I need.

You simply don't understand dan grading

I have George St Pierre on my side

Kyokushin is not exactly known for it's spinning back kicks

I very much doubt that you are a black belt.

but traditional karate overall is not at the level of TKD

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, YOU inferred that was the case. Wrong

I can even grant your point: Saying practitioners overall are not very good at something, is not style bashing, or bashing at all.

Of course it is because you have no proof for a start. Writing something down doesn't make it true.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have noticed that this happens quite often here. Beginners with big ideas who seem to want to learn for free by coming onto the boards and making broad sweeping statements that are controversial and incorrect, and then insulting people who disagree.

The typical end point is one of two: that beginner realising that they are on a sugar pedestal, and everything that they thought was true was incorrect, or things go the other way and they get banned. Intrigued to see how this one pans out.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I wrote that they weren't exactly known for it. Karatekas are not as known for their spinning kicks compared to TKDoins. Surely you don't dispute that? I know of course that Karate styles (including Kyokushin) has the back kick (Ushiro -Geri)

Google-fu will get you a LOT of results for Kyokushin Ushiro Geri.

Personally I admit that I don't know enough about Kyokushin to cast aspersions about it. You seem to think differently.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Google-fu will get you a LOT of results for Kyokushin Ushiro Geri.

Personally I admit that I don't know enough about Kyokushin to cast aspersions about it. You seem to think differently.

I know London Shootfighters teach Kyokushin karate which says a huge lot for the style. London Shoot is a hardcore gym which has sent out some very good MMA fighters so I can't see them teaching a weak or useless karate style, it's not their way.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I know London Shootfighters teach Kyokushin karate which says a huge lot for the style. London Shoot is a hardcore gym which has sent out some very good MMA fighters so I can't see them teaching a weak or useless karate style, it's not their way.
Lot of MMA guys seem to come out of it. Uriah Hall is one of them, and is known for his spinning kicks... hmm

Laplace_demon

Black Belt
Reaction score
Given that George St Pierres (one of the greatest mma guys of all time)own back kick was light years away from Joes and the fact that he himself proclaimed that TKD had the best spinning back kicks, its a no brainer.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Given that George St Pierres (one of the greatest mma guys of all time)own back kick was light years away from Joes and the fact that he himself proclaimed that TKD had the best spinning back kicks, its a no brainer.

Much as I love GSP, one man doesn't represent all of karate nor does one man's opinion make something a fact.

I proclaim that drinking one's tea without milk is the way you must drink tea. Am I correct or is that an opinion?
Clue...You are entitled to your own opinion but you are not entitled to your own facts.

Gnarlie

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The only conclusion that is valid there is that GSP as an individual wanted to do some work on his back kick skills.

One cannot draw a conclusion about arts from that isolated case.

THAT is a no-brainer.

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't want to speak too much about Kyokushin, but traditional karate overall is not at the level of TKD (that includes both KKW and ITF) in kicking. Koreans are have a definitive edge.
I think you mean to say that Karate (generally) does not have as wide a variety of kicks as TKD has.

Laplace_demon

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think GSP has seen enough spin kicks in his day to form a qualifed opinion, at the very least. He is world class and from Kyokushin background. Karate styles such as Kyokushin are like cousin arts to TKD.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
"The man who views life at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
Muhammad Ali

Who knows, maybe some of our opinions will change over time.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think GSP has seen enough spin kicks in his day to form a qualifed opinion, at the very least. He is world class and from Kyokushin background. Karate styles such as Kyokushin are like cousin arts to TKD.

Ah so you agree it's an opinion only! He is a world class MMA fighter not necessarily a world class karateka, you are generalising. we don't actually know what he thinks, only what is reported and that is never accurate.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Laplace, you can dislike my above post as much as you like but you cannot escape the truth, that Rogan's fans are fanatical and vile. Even after Rogan himself asked them to lay off they continued to harass and threaten Rosi. I've seen the posts and tweets and they are far worse than the few quoted below. I also know the effect on the person who received them ( who has a young son she was worried for his safety after some of the comments made to her), you have no idea what such online nastiness and bullying can have on the most sane and intelligent person. It's a tsunami of hatred that few of us, luckily, have experienced. Rogan fan's aren't really so much fan's as nasty bullies who even he disowns. With your insults to those on here it's beginning to looks if you are one of their number.

Rosi Sexton and Joe Rogan bump heads and brains on Twitter BJPENN.COM
Talk about painting with a broad brush. Are all soccer fans fanatical and vile because some have killed people over a lost game? I think your rhetoric is becoming a little too extreme.