Hapkido / Aiki Jujutsu connection?

Barrie

White Belt
Reaction score
Dear Howard,

I believe you are right. Sometimes stuff on websites and such has been put there by well meaning supporters and does not necessarily reflect the attitude or intention of the master. I am sure both Kim and Lim honestly reflect Choi's positive influences on them.

Dear Mike,

DJn Kim sticks to the stuff Choi taught him; he is pretty adamant about this and has pointed out some things that are different to what he learnt in the Ji style. When he first went to Choi he was asked to try his techniques on a student (Neuk Dae) and found that he could not make any of his techniques work. It was a pretty humbling exercise and I think he must have decided then and there to begin learning all over again. He now says he teaches only what he learnt from Choi.

He continues Choi' tradition by inviting visitors to try their techniques on his senior students; some very high ranking MAs have failed to make anything work. This emphasises that the training develops considerable strength (internal and external) and that a lot of training is required to master techniques to overcome such strengths. There is a lot of emphasis on this aspect in the curriculum.

Kind regards,

Barrie Restall

M

Master Todd Miller

It is not my place to speak for these people. So you can continue to offer opinions based on ignorance, or you can seek some clarification from those who were there at the time. Up to you.

I am sure DJN Kim will be happy to answer any of your questions about his legitimacy when you visit. If I am present I will make sure he addresses the issue for you.

I have talke with people who were there with DJN Choi for a long time, is this the ignorance you speak of?

I have never claimed that GM Kim does not deserve what DJN Choi gave him, a 9th Dan. Barrie there is no need to be insulting. :asian:

Take care

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't you guys ever get tired of this? :idunno:

I do not envy you,Georgia. I'm going to get some more Honeyweisse...

Latest Discussions