Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Er ........over the top or OTT means someone has gone a bit overboard or a little too far when they done something ie Lady Gaga is over the top, I can't equate OTT with anything to do with fighting.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Er ........over the top or OTT means someone has gone a bit overboard or a little too far when they done something ie Lady Gaga is over the top, I can't equate OTT with anything to do with fighting.
People go to far when fighting all the time, Tez3. That is why they go to prison and stuff. Catsup! LOL

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People go to far when fighting all the time, Tez3. That is why they go to prison and stuff. Catsup! LOL

Really? over the top doesn't mean going too far just means going a little over the top :D

OP
tkdwarrior

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
I thought spandau ballet was over the top.....it also tends to make me think of sly stallone...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go buy a Steve Hacket CD. and you will know the true meaning, of over the top. :)

Never heard of him. The 'true' meaning of going over the top comes from the First World War when the soldiers had to leave their trenches and go over the top of them to fight, usually they went straight into machine gun fire and were cut down. The war started 100 years ago last year and went on for four bloody years. 16 million died, 20 million were injured, hundreds of thousands would die in a couple of hours after going over the top.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Never heard of him. The 'true' meaning of going over the top comes from the First World War when the soldiers had to leave their trenches and go over the top of them to fight, usually they went straight into machine gun fire and were cut down. The war started 100 years ago last year and went on for four bloody years. 16 million died, 20 million were injured, hundreds of thousands would die in a couple of hours after going over the top.
That, my friend, is not what it means at all.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I always thought Hail Mary was a reference to the NFL football pass by roger staubach and the Dallas Cowboys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

yeah used in mma. Not made up by it. I was going to add that but i cant edit.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Okay. Haven't heard that before. It's always been a football reference for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I don't know what a Hail Mary is nor do I find anything 'empowering' about a Bob.

A "Hail Mary" is a desperation play. It's often used in American football.
There's, say, 4 seconds left in the game. If the team with the ball scores, they win. If not, they lose. They're, say, 70 yards from scoring.
The quarterback flings the ball as far as he can and hopes that it's caught. "Hail Mary Full Of Grace, Let Him Catch This Pass!"

And I agree, there's nothing empowering about a BOB. I like mine, but they're just a heavy bag. With anatomical landmarks for targeting.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A "Hail Mary" is a desperation play. It's often used in American football.
There's, say, 4 seconds left in the game. If the team with the ball scores, they win. If not, they lose. They're, say, 70 yards from scoring.
The quarterback flings the ball as far as he can and hopes that it's caught. "Hail Mary Full Of Grace, Let Him Catch This Pass!"

And I agree, there's nothing empowering about a BOB. I like mine, but they're just a heavy bag. With anatomical landmarks for targeting.

it is kind of fun to punch a crash test dummy.

just sayin.