Effective Technique

OP
tkdwarrior

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
What, get out of here, you saying you cannot perform a "Jedi mind trick" Oh dear :D
No. I just have to keep it a secret:)

The head crank technique that you described is a good one. As the saying goes where he head goes the body follows:)

Elbowgrease

Green Belt
Reaction score
It's most likely going to get you in trouble if you do it, but hitting the throat does work if you can pull it off. I like using the thumb, index and middle finger and latching on just about as high as you can get on the throat. Right around the windpipe (trachea? whatever.). If you can get behind or beside the opponent and get one hand over the top of the head and latch onto the upper part of the eye socket at the same time, they are definitely not going to like it. You've really got to have some fast hands to pull it off. Ever try snatching peas out of boiling hot water?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's most likely going to get you in trouble if you do it, but hitting the throat does work if you can pull it off. I like using the thumb, index and middle finger and latching on just about as high as you can get on the throat. Right around the windpipe (trachea? whatever.). If you can get behind or beside the opponent and get one hand over the top of the head and latch onto the upper part of the eye socket at the same time, they are definitely not going to like it. You've really got to have some fast hands to pull it off. Ever try snatching peas out of boiling hot water?
Leave no witnesses. LOL

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No not really. Thumbs under the chin, the fingers going down to towards the jaw join. Add pressure with a elbow clamp, just push for resistance. Again just theory here, a sane lunatic I am :D

Last edited:

Elbowgrease

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm really not recommending it. Just saying, striking the throat (or the eyes, spine, knees...) is probably going to be effective. If you can pull it off. If you think it's really necessary to go that far. If you can manage to grab onto it and you can do so without immediately causing irreparable damage, the conversation might start moving in your favour. But you'll also only have one hand free then, and it's getting into some pretty nasty business once you move from bruising to crippling.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm really not recommending it. Just saying, striking the throat (or the eyes, spine, knees...) is probably going to be effective. If you can pull it off. If you think it's really necessary to go that far. If you can manage to grab onto it and you can do so without immediately causing irreparable damage, the conversation might start moving in your favour. But you'll also only have one hand free then, and it's getting into some pretty nasty business once you move from bruising to crippling.
I prefer to spend my time practicing, "The rule of thumb". That is where you watch and wait, like a jungle cat, for your opponent to go long with their arm; then, you simply smack the elbow in the direction opposite their thumb, whilst pulling the arm longer with the other hand. They get to live; you broke their arm; everyone is happy! :)

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer to spend my time practicing, "The rule of thumb". That is where you watch and wait, like a jungle cat, for your opponent to go long with their arm; then, you simply smack the elbow in the direction opposite their thumb, whilst pulling the arm longer with the other hand. They get to live; you broke their arm; everyone is happy! :)

Interesting!

OP
tkdwarrior

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Ah the wisdom of the master. I did this once but did not break the arm, it was a crazy street lady who was harrassing our students in a parade. I had to apply the arm bar on her to stop her from harrasing and hurting our students. Not too proud of it though but it had to be done. Works well too:)

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes I know, as l said, theory ;)

OP
tkdwarrior

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Of course intended for a life or death situation but I am coming from a point of view that if you hurt me or my family and I am not doing anything to you, then be prepared for the consequences.

OP
tkdwarrior

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
I guess as to the extent of its effectiveness the throat punch or strike is indeed effective but must be used with caution. Experimenting with this I have found it most effective in an upward motion or straight on. Learn from nature, you will see the predators immediately going for the neck for an easy kill.

The less you do the better. Long drawn out physical altercations/brawls/fist fights are for the movies.

OP
tkdwarrior

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Interesting technique though and love the screaming and grunting that guy gave out while the technique was applied to him:)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
a17ll0.jpg

And it has more nutritional value than fresh corn, too.

Latest Discussions