Effective Technique

OP
tkdwarrior

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
A solar plexus strike if you get to hit that area in an ongoing fight will definitely work. But you do not dim mak it, ie touch, you strike it as hard as you can.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Anyone like liver shots? A thing of beauty, they are.

Unless you get caught with one.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone like liver shots? A thing of beauty, they are.

Unless you get caught with one.

Hell yes and yes again! I would rather be KO'd than take a liver shot. :confused:

OP
tkdwarrior

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score

I think I saw two throat punches there.

OP
tkdwarrior

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score

Interesting argument for the open palm technique.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't believe talk of throat strikes is a good thing for a family site; so, for the sake of your freedom, and the freedom of the readers, I gotta tell ya, throat strikes are unuseful and therfore not worth practicing. :)
Attacking the most vulnerable part of the body is unuseful? I would disagree. I would say they are highly useful, particularity for smaller people and/or ladies against much larger/stronger opponents.

You keep talking about them leading to you begin imprisoned. But you have to remember that not everyone is subject to the same self defence laws that you are subject to in your area. Perhaps where you live there is legislation to that effect, but not not were I live. There is nothing in UK SD law that would make me hesitate for a second in using them if I felt they were necessary.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Attacking the most vulnerable part of the body is unuseful? I would disagree. I would say they are highly useful, particularity for smaller people and/or ladies against much larger/stronger opponents.

You keep talking about them leading to you begin imprisoned. But you have to remember that not everyone is subject to the same self defence laws that you are subject to in your area. Perhaps where you live there is legislation to that effect, but not not were I live. There is nothing in UK SD law that would make me hesitate for a second in using them if I felt they were necessary.
Then, by all means, Kill away. :) In America, any move you can't practice in the studio or on your friends. is unuseful; because YOU CAN'T PRACTICE IT!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Absolutely correct. I also believe that one can practise any strike, it would take a sad lack of imagination not to be able to practise even the 'worse' strike. I can easily practise a throat strike on any standing/hanging bag as well as a 'Bob' which is very good for practising things like this.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Absolutely correct. I also believe that one can practise any strike, it would take a sad lack of imagination not to be able to practise even the 'worse' strike. I can easily practise a throat strike on any standing/hanging bag as well as a 'Bob' which is very good for practising things like this.
Practicing Hail Marys on a Bob is empowering; so, fine. LOL

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Practicing Hail Marys on a Bob is empowering; so, fine. LOL

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I don't know what a Hail Mary is nor do I find anything 'empowering' about a Bob.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A Hail Mary is what this whole thread is about. Its that last ditch effort to save your life, or win the fight. Watch Tyson lose to Buster Douglas, again. He was all Hail Mary at the end.

Latest Discussions