Brass Knuckles, steel toe shoes

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well if ot were just up to me to have more penetration or devastating power in my hands, I will just use brass knuckles/ or any force multiplier. I wear steel toed shoes most of the time anyway:) than risk physical damage from iron fist/hand/foot/shin training:)

My guess is - you don't have a Martial Arts instructor.
My bet is - you ain't got a lawyer.

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
My guess is - you don't have a Martial Arts instructor.
My bet is - you ain't got a lawyer.
I am just blunt and brutally frank when it comes to self defense, ie its you or the other guy, I will not hesitate to gain any advantage to overcome the aggression. Dead is dead. Alive I can do a lot more.

If you have been in a fight, by your statement you seem well experienced, you will know what works and what is shipped high in transit.

Last edited:
OP
Buka

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What I was trying to point out, brass knucks are a really bad idea. Really bad. You would likely serve a longer sentence than your assaulter ever would, even if he had a long record and you didn't. It could be a life changing bad decision. Especially if it could be proven you had any experience in any form of Martial training. Then you would be screwed. So screwed.

Pretty much the same for steel toes - unless you were on your way to/from an occupation where they are commonly worn and could completely prove you were in danger.
(I love steel toes, too, by the by)

I had to look up "shipped high in transit". Cool. Made me smile. :)

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am just blunt and brutally frank when it comes to self defense, ie its you or the other guy, I will not hesitate to gain any advantage to overcome the aggression. Dead is dead. Alive I can do a lot more.

If you have been in a fight, by your statement you seem well experienced, you will kmow what works and what is shipped high in transit.
'Palm to my forehead!!'
What do you really know about self defense?
Blunt and frank when it comes to persons making remarks as this and your previous about brass knuckles...; You Know Little To Nothing about self defense.
Self-defense is about doing what you must to defend yourself, your love ones, your property and every situation will be different. Self-defense isn't just about fighting and if you do you need to win. Win physically, legally, civilly. If you hurt someone it will cost you in time and money.

"...what is shipped high in transit"
Shipped High In Transit: a podcast, the aim of which is to prove wrong commonly believed myths & urban legends spread by misinformation on the internet.
The name itself is a parody on the myth of where the term **** came from.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Brass knuckles or anything similar are also illegal in alot of places. Here just possession could give you 4 years without even using them

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if ot were just up to me to have more penetration or devastating power in my hands, I will just use brass knuckles/ or any force multiplier. I wear steel toed shoes most of the time anyway:) than risk physical damage from iron fist/hand/foot/shin training:)

LOL, yeah, good luck in explaining that one to the cops. Brass knuckles are illegal in many states. I'd be sure to know the law before doing something like that.

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yes I guess I do know nothing about self defense, but the number one rule is do not put yourself in a position you won't like later.

I remember a story about an old kempo master said about self defense, he said "punch me" upon which the student punched him and he promptly dropped to the floor. "why did you do that?" asked the student, to which he replied "that is self defense, I prevented you from doimg any harm to me."

Often I have used this and it has worked incredibly well for me.

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
True the use of such force multipliers are indeed illegal even here in the Philippines, that is why I do not carry one, but I do have replacement force multipliers for the purpose:)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I never said you don't know anything about SD, I simply said that it's important for ANYONE who trains, to know the laws. Sadly, stuff like that, is often not taught, in many schools. As for a force multiplier...I'm not against them. Of course, as I said, just be sure that it's warranted.

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Now maybe if I could learn that death touch technique, I may just be cured of my ignorance, but of course I will have to find a real martial arts master instructor to teach me that:)

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Note: people in different countries have different rules/laws and also different things are allowed in interrogations BUT that is for a different thread not this one

NOW back to the discussion on hand conditioning please.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK FOLKS this thread was moved from a different one so please if you want continue to discuss steel toes and brass knuckles, palm weighed cloves, etc.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wear steel toed shoes started wearing them when I was working and continued to do so in retirement.
I find them comfortable and if I ever have to kick with them I know how much damage they can do. I am also aware of the legal aspects of that kick where I live

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have known a few guys who have used them. Ranging from coins rolled up to pretty much proper brass knuckles.

not a personal fan due to the nasty factor involved.

i had a mate of mine attacked with brass knuckles and it didn't finish him in the fight. Just left him brutally injured.

which for self defence seems like the worst possible result.

if you are going to look at this option. Mabye a sap instead.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
OK FOLKS this thread was moved from a different one so please if you want continue to discuss steel toes and brass knuckles, palm weighed cloves, etc.
I think we should include the "spikes ring" here too. It only cost you $19.99. I assume we are talking about "self-defense" and not "sport" here. :)

spikes_ring.jpg

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I had a guy try to hit me with a spiked ring over the summer. It didn't go well for him.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we should include the "spikes ring" here too. It only cost you $19.99. I assume we are talking about "self-defense" and not "sport" here. :)

spikes_ring.jpg

What is that going to do against a chair or something? They would have demented to wear. They would certainly be considered as such!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We should also include sap gloves. I never owned any but I had a few friends back in the day that did. Nasty things to get hit with

Latest Discussions