Effective Technique

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello everybody first of I just want to greet everybody here a Merry Christmas:)

On topic, I have been studying the effectiveness of a throat punch or strike.

I think it is a very effective technique even to those inerbriated or on some time of psychotic or mind aktering drug.

I have found that it is best that you use an open hand technique, the web between the thumb and forefinger, striking the area from the lowest part of the neck in an upward motion or straight on the adam's apple.

Applied with sufficient force it is guranteed to temporarily incapacitate any attacker.

Anyone else has experience on this?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello everybody first of I just want to greet everybody here a Merry Christmas:)

I think it is a very effective technique even to those inerbriated or on some time of psychotic or mind aktering drug.

I have found that it is best that you use an open hand technique, the web between the thumb and forefinger, striking the area from the lowest part of the neck in an upward motion or straight on the adam's apple.

Applied with sufficient force it is guranteed to temporarily incapacitate any attacker.

Why not use the Touch of Death? (Badump! Tsssss)

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But seriously folks, you are better off using your finger tips to simply push the guy away, not strike!!!, push. Other wise, lay off the throat or you will be teaching Karate in prison. :)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I knew a guy who was nicknamed the craw. (not the craw. The craw) for his ability to c choke people into submission.

he had really developed that technique.

and yes cutting of a persons air does seem to penetrate amphetamine brain. But it can also kill people.

OP
tkdwarrior

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
If it were me or him, just in case, I would rather that it be the other person.

Touch of death? How is it done?

Yes must be avoided if it can be avoided at all, but done correctly guaranteed to end most fights.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First of all I'm about to report this post, but before I do, you reach in like you are taking their pulse, and gently push. They will move like the hand of God is pushing them away. :)

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't believe talk of throat strikes is a good thing for a family site; so, for the sake of your freedom, and the freedom of the readers, I gotta tell ya, throat strikes are unuseful and therfore not worth practicing. :)

OP
tkdwarrior

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
As you say so it must indeed be so unterribly useful and ineffective if you have the death touch:)

OP
tkdwarrior

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
But I still like to practice throat striking just for the hell of it, a novelty, and maybe add something from your arsenal. Tickle and pinch techniques. That is as they say awesomeness.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lets just say if you use the technique described in the OP and you end up in court for any reason connected with the altercation you have been you most likely will be charged with using a deadly technique and/or attempted murder.
As for practicing such a technique if you slip up and hit to had the above is also possible even if your in a school/club when you do it, you and your instructor can be charged and the school can be held responsible for any and all court,hospital, recovery bills as well as funeral coasts if necessary. The instructor could also be charged for allowing such a deadly technique to take place in his school as the power and damage can not be truly be supervised in a safe manner.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sometime the sparring rule-set can be set more safely. Instead of punching on the face and knock your opponent down, if your palm can hold on his throat, it's as good as a punch on his face.

The "封 (Feng) - neck hold" can be an excellent "contact point" used in grappling. When you push your opponent's

- right shoulder, he can spin to his right,
- left shoulder, he can spin to his left,
- neck, he can'ts spin at all.

If your hand can hold on your opponent's neck, in order to take him down, all you need is to add your leg into it.

Last edited:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lets just say if you use the technique described in the OP and you end up in court for any reason connected with the altercation you have been you most likely will be charged with using a deadly technique and/or attempted murder.
As for practicing such a technique if you slip up and hit to had the above is also possible even if your in a school/club when you do it, you and your instructor can be charged and the school can be held responsible for any and all court,hospital, recovery bills as well as funeral coasts if necessary. The instructor could also be charged for allowing such a deadly technique to take place in his school as the power and damage can not be truly be supervised in a safe manner.
Exactly. In fact, I think I have said too much, already. The first rule about being The Touch Of Death is that you don't talk about the touch of death. :)

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No, pretty much a right cross or an elbow suffices. In terms of a hold, jab you're fingers into the upper jaw and hold. Back of the jaw with back of the head Leverage, IE the hold and pivot.

OP
tkdwarrior

tkdwarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am overwhelmed at all your techniques but I guess I have to keep my jedi mind control abilities a secret:) or else all those women will know why they fell for me:)

Latest Discussions