Effective Technique

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On topic, I have been studying the effectiveness of a throat punch or strike.

I think it is a very effective technique even to those inerbriated or on some time of psychotic or mind aktering drug.

I have found that it is best that you use an open hand technique, the web between the thumb and forefinger, striking the area from the lowest part of the neck in an upward motion or straight on the adam's apple.

Applied with sufficient force it is guranteed to temporarily incapacitate any attacker.

Anyone else has experience on this?

People above is the OP.
Looking back over the last few pages I see nothing to do woth that post. Mostly I see people telling each other that certain words have different meanings and do or do not mean something else. Lets get back to the OP or at least something close to it or start a new thread

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
People above is the OP.
Looking back over the last few pages I see nothing to do woth that post. Mostly I see people telling each other that certain words have different meanings and do or do not mean something else. Lets get back to the OP or at least something close to it or start a new thread
You do this on like every thread is this like your new job on the forums?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
@ Ballen and everyone else:
NO my job is to try to keep posts on topic with the OP and stop threads from drifting to far from that OP.
This Forum is for friendly discussions about topics posted in the OP's. It is not anyone's playground where they can derail as many threads as they can post in
There are some here who seem to think they can say whatever they want and take any thread somewhere completely in a direction not of the OP.
If you want to discuss something other than the op start a new thread or go to a different forum that carters to those subjects you wish to discuss Anyone contributing to a conversation is welcome to post but stay close to the subject matter
Did you ever read the rules of the forum if not please take the time to do so
Now folks back to the op PLEASE

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is however incumbent on posters to use words and phrases that are understood. If they aren't understood and an explanation is asked for, that explanation should be given in such a way as to go over clearly what was meant, not to make fun of the person who doesn't understand.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has used the techniques described in the OP and if so what were the consequences?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is however incumbent on posters to use words and phrases that are understood. If they aren't understood and an explanation is asked for, that explanation should be given in such a way as to go over clearly what was meant, not to make fun of the person who doesn't understand.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has used the techniques described in the OP and if so what were the consequences?
I taught a girlfriend how to attack the jugular with the finger tips, and told her never to use it. She did it the next day on her ex. I don't do that anymore.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Many years ago when I first became an instructor I was showing the strike with the web of the hand to a student and foolishly said go ahead try it. That was a mistake I never did again. Yes it hurt and caused me breathing troubles. Thankfully the student did not use excessive force

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Many years ago when I first became an instructor I was showing the strike with the web of the hand to a student and foolishly said go ahead try it. That was a mistake I never did again. Yes it hurt and caused me breathing troubles. Thankfully the student did not use excessive force
I once got a call to a juvenile detention facility for an out of control 14 yr old. This was a private run facility with no guards just staff that wasn't allowed to touch the kids they had to call police if there was a problem. Well I get there and the staff asked me to "scare" him a little. So I go drill instructor on him. He stands up balls his fists. So I say "you think your tough you don't have the guts to hit me. Your just a punk kid do it" Well he did punched me right in the face.
You and I both learned a valuable lesson don't ever tell someone to hit you............ they just might

Latest Discussions