Effective Technique

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's pressure to the sides of the neck, constricting the blood flow to the brain. Will make you go nighty night in about 3 to 5 seconds. I was put to sleep with a carotid choke once on a take down. It was a baseball bat choke. The guy took me down and I was out before I hit the mat. It was that fast.

Oh blinking hell, would you please stop blinding me with BJJ terminology :) Please. 3 - 5 seconds, that sounds like impossible to me. That quick would suggest a neck break.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh blinking hell, would you please stop blinding me with BJJ terminology :) Please. 3 - 5 seconds, that sounds like impossible to me. That quick would suggest a neck break.

how long did it take gene lebell in that video?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You have beet told the wrong thing about eye gouges. And are now passing that on to me.

pretty sure they just have to go for the eye. It doesn't have to pop out before it is classed as an eye gouge.
You have been told the wrong thing about eye gouges and are now passing it along to us

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
See i would have said a person who does not have practical experience with eye gouging does not understand it.

but then i don't have a qualification i just have done it had it done to me and worked with guys who have done it and had it done to them.
ROFL. So you work in an environment where everyone walks around with a white stick or a seeing eye dog.

Do an eye gouge on the door and I'll guarantee you'll spend years a in less than salubrious environment and that's without considering civil damages.

Let's be truthful, I doubt anyone on MT has actually eye gouged anyone.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ROFL. So you work in an environment where everyone walks around with a white stick or a seeing eye dog.

Do an eye gouge on the door and I'll guarantee you'll spend years a in less than salubrious environment and that's without considering civil damages.

Agree. Going for the eyes is a reprehensible act. You would have to be some #### to do so imho.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You have beet told the wrong thing about eye gouges. And are now passing that on to me.

pretty sure they just have to go for the eye. It doesn't have to pop out before it is classed as an eye gouge.
So what is the truth about eye gouges? Eye gouging is like choking. You don't have to take it to the end point. But the truth is, it would be quite difficult to eye gouge with the thumb as you need to get behind the eyeball to remove it. In reality it is a million to one shot that we would ever need to do this in real life.

You are talking about competition rules.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Agree. Going for the eyes is a reprehensible act. You would have to be some #### to do so imho.
Quite the contrary. Going for the eyes is a very valid form of defence. Remember, I'm not coming at this from a sporting perspective. If you were a small woman being attacked the eyes are a legitimate target. Also to escape certain chokes you can attack the eyes.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
@Transk53. Seriously. Nap time in just a few seconds. If you were local, I'd offer to demonstrate. And it doesn't hurt and isn't even uncomfortable if applied correctly. And you wake up a little disoriented, hopefully not having crapped your pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

you make a lot of guarantees.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
@Transk53. Seriously. Nap time in just a few seconds. If you were local, I'd offer to demonstrate. And it doesn't hurt and isn't even uncomfortable if applied correctly. And you wake up a little disoriented, hopefully not having crapped your pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was a game among teens at on time. Making each other pass out to get a quick high

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So what is the truth about eye gouges? Eye gouging is like choking. You don't have to take it to the end point. But the truth is, it would be quite difficult to eye gouge with the thumb as you need to get behind the eyeball to remove it. In reality it is a million to one shot that we would ever need to do this in real life.

You are talking about competition rules.

so you say never having done it.

competition rules for eyegouges and c chokes?

Latest Discussions