Effective Technique

May be both air and blood won't be able to reach to your brain. Your feet are off the ground. Your hands can't reach to your opponent. It's a helpless position when some one attacks you from behind like this.

Thanks, you could have mentioned the rope though :)

Since we are talking about choke, here is an ancient assassin technique. You can do it with your arm.

begger_carry_dog.jpg

I have used that (sort of) to take people out of clubs. Reverse guillotine.

You can also

- stand in front of your opponent,
- move in through his side door, and
- reach to this back door.

And whip out the rope that I'm carrying, wrapped around my waist...

But then I'll only have one hand to choke them with, otherwise my pants will fall down.

You can't see it very clearly, but he's got a rope around his neck.

sorry i missed the rope. That is a belt strangle. Ultimately a shoulder throw. But you just hang them there.

you can do it with your gi belt without killing someone. It is not very pleasant though.

You can use your arm too. If you just keep "dragging your opponent backward", there will be very little that he can do until his is out.

This is a different throw but the same sort of concept.

your one without the rope starts off with a close line entry. And yeah it works. I have done both.

You can use foot sweep to pass your opponent's leg, use arm jam to pass his arm, If you are shorter than him, you use your arm to wrap around his waist and "hip throw" him backward. If you are taller than him, you use your arm to wrap around his neck and choke him.

Last edited:
Still pretty much lost on what a blood choke is?
it's pressure to the sides of the neck, constricting the blood flow to the brain. Will make you go nighty night in about 3 to 5 seconds. I was put to sleep with a carotid choke once on a take down. It was a baseball bat choke. The guy took me down and I was out before I hit the mat. It was that fast.

Only someone with no understanding of eye gouging could ask such a question.
Eye-gouging - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

See i would have said a person who does not have practical experience with eye gouging does not understand it.

but then i don't have a qualification i just have done it had it done to me and worked with guys who have done it and had it done to them.

Well i am not allowed to do that choke. And if i was then the other guy would be as well.
Lol if your scared say so
You are un chokeable yourself aren't you?
Nope but I am un-paralizable (if thats even a word). Ive never froze. Ive never been choked out but Im sure its possible just not likely
So you should use your super powers for your own ring career.
Naa I dont play games

Look if they could pin my head the eye gouge becomes a threat. But if i don't let them it is more of an irritation.

i mean if they are in mount and have both thumbs in i am in serious trouble.
Some one in a mount with both thumbs in makes you an incompetent grappler. If he had both thumbs in I doubt he is trying to gouge. Gouging he would have one or two fingers in and removing the eyeball. Let's get serious. There is a poke in the eye and there is an eye gouge. Both are nasty, one is permanent. If you can still see you haven't been eye gouged.

You can use foot sweep to pass your opponent's leg, use arm jam to pass his arm, If you are shorter than him, you use your arm to wrap around his waist and "hip throw" him backward. If you are taller than him, you use your arm to wrap around his neck and choke him.

Almost any take the back move would do it.

Some one in a mount with both thumbs in makes you an incompetent grappler. If he had both thumbs in I doubt he is trying to gouge. Gouging he would have one or two fingers in and removing the eyeball. Let's get serious. There is a poke in the eye and there is an eye gouge. Both are nasty, one is permanent. If you can still see you haven't been eye gouged.

You have beet told the wrong thing about eye gouges. And are now passing that on to me.

pretty sure they just have to go for the eye. It doesn't have to pop out before it is classed as an eye gouge.

Back