Effective Technique

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite the contrary. Going for the eyes is a very valid form of defence. Remember, I'm not coming at this from a sporting perspective. If you were a small woman being attacked the eyes are a legitimate target. Also to escape certain chokes you can attack the eyes.

Hey, I don't agree. But that is just my belief that the eyes are a no no. Anyway, I have given advice to women to grab for the bollocks. Even grab or kick. This came from my ex head doorwomen. As far as I am concerned, and no disrespectful attitude here, her voice is sound. It is reprehensible ;)

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Kinda like your amazing power to paralyze people with one hand

not at all. I don't make guarantees. I have said what i did and what happened.

not what i haven't done and think will happen like k man is saying and like you are supporting him on.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Transk53. Seriously. Nap time in just a few seconds. If you were local, I'd offer to demonstrate. And it doesn't hurt and isn't even uncomfortable if applied correctly. And you wake up a little disoriented, hopefully not having crapped your pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah sure you would, and it would no doubt be fun :) However, I choose when I sleep :)

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
not at all. I don't make guarantees. I have said what i did and what happened.

not what i haven't done and think will happen like k man is saying and like you are supporting him on.
AND Im saying your wrong and full of :mooning:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hey Bear, stop baiting, we all have our opinions, we would not be human.

he is fun to bait though. He gets all enraged and comes up with cool smilies.

look if he treats me seriously i will return the favor. But i am not his punching bag.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he is fun to bait though. He gets all enraged and comes up with cool smilies.

look if he treats me seriously i will return the favor. But i am not his punching bag.

You are leaving yourself open, think about SD for a moment. They are closing the distance.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Whos enraged? IfI were mad I wouldnt use smileys

Start acting like you deserve to be treated seriously

yeah you kinda are:asshat:

i don't think they are the friendliest of smileys. And that is fine you just keep on being you.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
so you say never having done it.

competition rules for eyegouges and c chokes?
Sure I admit, I have never taken out anyone's eyes. Then again I have never popped an eardrum, I have never broken anyone's arm, I have never dislocated anyone's shoulder and I have never broken anyone's neck either. I have never shot anyone and I have never used a knife on anyone.

That doesn't mean I haven't been taught to do all of those things.

I have also trained to put my aircraft down in an emergency. Fortunately I haven't had to use that skill but it worked for my wife when she needed it. We trained what to do in an underwater emergency, never expecting to use it. The training worked in zero visibility in a silted up submarine. It worked again when my wife's air supply failed at 25 metres.

But I suppose martial arts are different. Nothing we train will work if we haven't already used it in real life. Have I got that right?

Last edited:

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh! I almost forgot the rules bit.

Fouls
As set out by the Association of Boxing Commissions:[7]

• Holding or grabbing the fence
  • Holding opponent’s shorts or gloves
  • Butting with the head
  • Biting or spitting at an opponent
  • Hair pulling
  • Fish-hooking
  • Intentionally placing a finger into any orifice, or into any cut or laceration of an opponent
  • Eye gouging of any kind
  • Groin attacks of any kind
  • Downward pointing of elbow strikes
  • Small joint manipulation
  • Strikes to the spine or back of the head
  • Heel kicks to the kidney
  • Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea
  • Clawing, pinching, twisting the flesh or grabbing the clavicle
  • Kicking the head of a grounded opponent (see Soccer kick)
  • Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent
  • Stomping on a grounded fighter
  • The use of abusive language in fighting area
  • Any unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to opponent
  • Attacking an opponent during a break
  • Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee
  • Timidity (avoiding contact, consistent dropping of mouthpiece, or faking an injury)
  • Interference from a mixed martial artist's cornerman
  • Throwing an opponent out of the ring or caged area
  • Flagrant disregard of the referee’s instructions
  • Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his or her head or neck
  • Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the period of unarmed combat
When a foul is charged, the referee in their discretion may deduct one or more points as a penalty. If a foul incapacitates a fighter, then the match may end in a disqualification if the foul was intentional, or a "no contest" if unintentional. If a foul causes a fighter to be unable to continue later in the bout, it ends with a technical decision win to the injured fighter if the injured fighter is ahead on points, otherwise it is a technical draw.[/QUOTEP]
Yep! I think they cover that.

Latest Discussions