Early Kenpo Pics!

J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by Kirk
Wild .. the guy in front looks like Tatum and the guy by Mr Parker
looks like Sanders

The guy in the front didn't quite look like tatum. His hair wasn't curly enough. :)

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Tried to delete my own post, and apparently can not do it here. I have a number of pics of Doc and Ed Parker that I was going to post, bu the imaging here doesn't work like it does on my forum, www.crossedflags.com, and so the pics only come up as links.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Who is this masked man? :rofl:

Thanks to Kirk for clearing up a series of otherwise arcane and relatively non-existent directions for posting pics here...

Can't delete my own post though??? As Buffalo Springfield said ... Paranoia strikes deep, into your mind it will creep... It starts when you're always afraid ... Step out of line the man come and take you away ...
Stop children what's that sound, everybody look what's goin' round ...

Attachments

• $66_1.jpg
    $66_1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 502

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
And ... If you can identify the fellow kicking in pic #1... That should clue you as to who he is in pic #2.

Attachments

• $66_2.jpg
    $66_2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 507

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The fellow in the glasses is Rod Sacharnoski. Don't know who the other guy is.

Attachments

• $ed_parker_&_rod_sacharnoski.jpg
    $ed_parker_&_rod_sacharnoski.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 551

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sigung86
Who is this masked man? :rofl:

Thanks to Kirk for clearing up a series of otherwise arcane and relatively non-existent directions for posting pics here...

Can't delete my own post though??? As Buffalo Springfield said ... Paranoia strikes deep, into your mind it will creep... It starts when you're always afraid ... Step out of line the man come and take you away ...
Stop children what's that sound, everybody look what's goin' round ...
Man do I feel old, and not just because I know the song lyrics. That's me and Joe Lewis sparring sometme I think in the mid-sixties before he went to work for Al Tracy.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
And ... If you can identify the fellow kicking in pic #1... That should clue you as to who he is in pic #2.
Ed Parker and I testing some of my students in the seventies. My students were never tested by a board as was usually the case for many. Only he and I and he never brought anyone with him to a test. I never really thought about that until just now. I guess I really was on an "island."

My rather rough appearance was due to an ongoing assignment that required me to look "unpolice-like."

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Man! Those are pretty strong clues... Anybody wanna guess who it is in the photos? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for filling in Doc... I thought that was Joe Lewis, but wasn't sure since I never really met him face-to-face. While I'm at it, any idea who the third guy is with SGM Parker and Rod Shakornoski?

Thanks, and respectfully ...

Dan

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Man! Those are pretty strong clues... Anybody wanna guess who it is in the photos? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for filling in Doc... I thought that was Joe Lewis, but wasn't sure since I never really met him face-to-face. While I'm at it, any idea who the third guy is with SGM Parker and Rod Shakornoski?

Dan

Are you kidding, I just barely recognize Rod. I feel old.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Doc
That's me and Joe Lewis sparring sometme I think in the mid-sixties before he went to work for Al Tracy.

Very Cool. :ubercool:

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Doc
My rather rough appearance was due to an ongoing assignment that required me to look "unpolice-like."

Who's the cat that won't cop out
When there's danger all about?
SHAFT!
Right On!

:rofl:

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by satans.barber
SHAFT!
Right On!

:rofl:

DOC!
Right On!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

R

Rob_Broad

DOC!
Right On!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Shut your mouth. He's a baaaaad Mutha...

J

jdmills

Thanks for filling in Doc... I thought that was Joe Lewis, but wasn't sure since I never really met him face-to-face.

Dan

I've met him face-to-face and I did not recognize him. I thought he looked huge when I met him in person and his pictures sometimes throw me.

BTW, what alway struck me about Mr. Parker (I only was fortunate enough to meet him 4-5 times at seminars) was that he seemed to have no wrists. He had a forearm that ended in fingers. Am I the only one that noticed this, the man was incredibly large boned.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If anyone has anymore I certainly would be interested in seeing more pictures.:D

W

webpage20022003

those peole appeared in this early pics were the first generation of chow's student ?

anybody has a clue about this

Latest Discussions