Early Kenpo Pics!

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
dubljay said:
You used { instead of [ for the img code. To insert an image the code should look as follows.

Code:
 [img]http:web-location-of-your-pic.com[/img]

thanks!
fixed it already!

Here's a real "no pressure" [yeah right] situation! I was in the top ten in new england in kenpo forms for KRANE and I was doing "short 4" {"yes, you read that right"} at the Boston Summer Open Karate Championships in New England and look who one of my judges is!
rebeloparkertournament.jpg

BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
hi folks!
Here's one in the parking lot of Lee Wedlake's "Dragon Wind Kenpo" studio in Oaklawn,IL at the now famous "chicago Conclave" event he ran in 1985!
From left to right:
Jim thompson,Lee Wedlake,Gil Hibben,Mr. Parker,Richard "huk" Planas,Joe Palanzo,Frank Trejo
parkinglot.jpg

picture taken by Leo Lacerte
Hope I was of some service,
KENPOJOE

Seabrook

Black Belt
Reaction score
KENPOJOE said:
thanks!
fixed it already!

Here's a real "no pressure" [yeah right] situation! I was in the top ten in new england in kenpo forms for KRANE and I was doing "short 4" {"yes, you read that right"} at the Boston Summer Open Karate Championships in New England and look who one of my judges is!
rebeloparkertournament.jpg

BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE
That's a great photo Joe....thanks for sharing.

Jamie Seabrook
www.seabrook.gotkenpo.com

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
here's a pic from the 1986 east coast ikka instructor's camp in pikesville maryland
parkerandrebelo3.gif

If you look closely,several websites have taken the parker portion of my pic and used them on their websites... %-}
I hope that I was of some service,
KENPOJOE

KenpoVzla

Green Belt
Reaction score
Gin-Gin said:
Great pic! They're so young--I wonder what year that was...

I wonder too. I've been trying to find what year they got their black belts, specially Larry Tatum, but haven't been able to find it.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
KenpoVzla said:
I wonder too. I've been trying to find what year they got their black belts, specially Larry Tatum, but haven't been able to find it.
All you had to do was ask. Late 1975

KenpoVzla

Green Belt
Reaction score
Doc said:
All you had to do was ask. Late 1975

Great thanks! I guess I can start asking more questions here, it's just that I try not to ask questions that have been already answered many many times.

KenpoVzla

Green Belt
Reaction score
Shodan said:
Curious.........how tall was Mr. Parker? Anyone know?

I asked my instructor the same question and he told me about 6.2 or 6.3 (about 1.90m), but he said he didn't remember that well because he was very young when he met him.

But yeah, pretty tall man over all, same as Larry Tatum.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
KenpoVzla said:
I asked my instructor the same question and he told me about 6.2 or 6.3 (about 1.90m), but he said he didn't remember that well because he was very young when he met him.

But yeah, pretty tall man over all, same as Larry Tatum.

Ed Parker was 6'1". He just seemed taller. :)

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ha ha!! Thanks Doc, that's what I figured (about the seeming taller)- this because I have seen lots of pictures of him and a guy I work out with kept telling me he was like 6'4"-6'5" and it just didn't look like it in the pictures I'd seen.

I also heard that Mr. Planas (when asked what Mr. Parker was like physically), described him as a gorilla without hair......respectfully of course. :)

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Shodan said:
Ha ha!! Thanks Doc, that's what I figured (about the seeming taller)- this because I have seen lots of pictures of him and a guy I work out with kept telling me he was like 6'4"-6'5" and it just didn't look like it in the pictures I'd seen.

I also heard that Mr. Planas (when asked what Mr. Parker was like physically), described him as a gorilla without hair......respectfully of course. :)
VERY respectfully, :) but true

Latest Discussions