Another Picture from the past

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
fc389a2b.jpg

Here's another picture from the past. The early pioneers of Kenpo in California.

Left to Right:
1. Actor/Kenpo student Nick Adams and son.
2. Dan Guzman, Black belt under Bill Ryuzaki, director of 1st I.K.C.
3. SGM Ed Parker, no introduction needed here.
4. Bill Ryuzaki, Black belt under John Leoning who was first Kajukenbo instructor on the mainland. Ryuzaki was know as a award winning stunt man, and instructor of the Urquidez clan (Arnold, Benny the Jet, Smiley, Lily)

P

pineapple head

great photo , what year was it taken do you know?

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
both of the pics that Mr. Bishop shared with us can be seen if you purchase Infinite Insight Vols I & II , by Ed Parker:asian:

S

Shinzu

cool pic. i always like to see stuff from the past. it really keeps things in perspective :)

OP
John Bishop

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually, the first picture of William Chow's school predates SGM Parker's training with Prof. Chow. It is from Sijo Emperado's private collection. You may have seen it in magazine articles I have written, but it does not appear in any of SGM Parker's books.

I don't recall if the second picture appears in any of SGM Parkers book, but the copy I posted was given to me by my friend Dan Guzman, who appears in the photo.
I was lucky enough to know the late SGM Parker, Dan Guzman, and Bill Ryuzaki. Both Dan Guzman and Bill Ryuzaki are still with us.

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by John Bishop
Actually, the first picture of William Chow's school predates SGM Parker's training with Prof. Chow. It is from Sijo Emperado's private collection. You may have seen it in magazine articles I have written, but it does not appear in any of SGM Parker's books.

I don't recall if the second picture appears in any of SGM Parkers book, but the copy I posted was given to me by my friend Dan Guzman, who appears in the photo.
I was lucky enough to know the late SGM Parker, Dan Guzman, and Bill Ryuzaki. Both Dan Guzman and Bill Ryuzaki are still with us.

the first pic I don't bel\eive is in the II books, I stand corrected sir:) the second however is in either Vol 1 or 2, I don't remember which. If I were home I could look it up.:asian:

Latest Discussions