Early Kenpo Pics!

Rich_Hale

Green Belt
Reaction score
Here's a mid 80's pic of Barbara, and I, when we operated the Ventura Kenpo Karate studio, in Ventura, California.

Rich_Barbara_1_web.jpg

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hi Rich!
Long time no see!
Nice pic! I remember some pics you had of testing and getting promoted way back when!
Nice to see you!
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have not seen Barbara Hale since one of the UKS camps in the 90's when she dropped by. Good to see a picture again. Is she still teaching? Last I heard the school was closed?

A school in San Antonio actually did an painting of she and Howard Silva on their wall. I have it at home and will put a link to it up here or reformat it to meet size requirements for posting. They did know know who either of the people were until I told them a few years ago.

-Michael

L

lonekimono10

i'm trying to upload some earl pics of SGM Parker and others, but i can't seem to do it,,,HELP PLEASE

Rich_Hale

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am reposting the two previous pics of Barbara Hale, and Huks Kenpo Ring, as I was testing to see if the photos were downloaded to the forum or if the forum only used the URL as a reference. To test this I moved the pictures to a new location on the server, which made the photos vanish. So, the forum does use only the URL as a reference and doesn't download any of the pics to their own server. Good idea as it's a huge space saving technique.
Rich_Barbara_1_web.jpg

L

lonekimono10

i think i got the hang of this, (hope so)
anyway here is a really old picture of myself in 1977, i just don't know how to make them smaller??
159.jpg

L

lonekimono10

i have some great pictures of Mr Parker but for some reason they won't upload
anyway see if anyone know's who these guys are??
183.jpg

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To Upload Images requires a supporting membership. (It also lets you upload video clips) :)
You can store the pics elsewhere and link to them always though. Please watch the picture dimensions and file sizes (too big and we have to remove em, and we don't want to do that.). See here for the policy.

Thank you for sharing folks. I love seeing the history and memories. Please, keep them coming. :)

(and share over on KenpoTalk.com too if you would.) :D

O

OC Kid

This hs to be one of the best threads Ive seen inna while. Thanks for the memories guys

Kosho-Monk

Green Belt
Reaction score
Master Elmer,

The picture of you with Hanshi Yamaguchi... the other gentleman is Sifu Mike Young. Thomas Young has passed on.

This picture looks like it came from the last MACS Gathering in Portland, OR.
Respectfully,

John Evans

L

lonekimono10

you got it, and i did not know that i said that was thomas young?? i'm sorry i went back to the post and i see what i said to todd SORRY, well i had a great time there.

Kosho-Monk

Green Belt
Reaction score
It was a great time! I remember you and a bunch of folks playing music in the lobby. The Gatherings are a lot of fun and an experience I personally couldn't get anywhere else. I look forward to seeing many of the same faces (and many new ones too) in Reno this year.

Take care sir,
John Evans