Diet

IvanTheBrick

Orange Belt
Reaction score
While it is natural it also doesn't work for everyone as the body can just flush the extra away as they are fully 'stocked' on creatine anyway. Those who eat a lot of red meat for example have plenty of creatine stored so taking extra would be pointless.You do also have to take it correctly at the right part of your workouts etc. we have some fighter who use it to great effect others who don't find it does anything for you. so read the instructions for taking and stick to them.
Completely agree with that. I know when I was taking Creatine I had to have it at set intervals and specific amounts and also before and/or after specific events. I was also told to lay off of it if I was going to eat a lot of meat, or vice versa. ALso be sure to stay very hydrated while taking Creatine for max effect.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
For starters, the idea that that the body can only take a maximum of 30g is a myth started early on in the USA when they were building up their military. Their RTEs (Ready to eat meals) were packed with ~30g of protein and were being provided by a supplier, who for simplicity's sake I will call Supplier A. Later on another Supplier, Supplier B, started making RTEs but with more protein for the same price. Supplier A saw this a threat to business, so to keep the military from buying RTEs from Supplier B, it stated on the news that the body can only take 30g of protein anyway. It's complete crap. After thousands of years of evolution, the human body wouldn't reject protein at just 30g of day, especially considering protein is one of the most important things the body needs to grow.
I can't find the source of where I read the info on the origin of this myth, but here is a link supporting my claim that this is just a MYTH: Exposing The Myths About Protein!
I said not more than half a gram Per pound of body weight, in my case that 100 grams, ( or more accurately a gram per kilo) i said nothing about 30 grams and nothing at all about it being rejected, the body doesn't reject protein , it just has no mechanism to store it, so you pass it on urine.

To be clear prOtein doesn't not make you grow, the exercise does that, the protein is just the building material for that growth, your body already makes its own protein from sugars. You need only enough to supply the growth your exercise has caused, any more is just waisted Down the urinal.

There are lots of people inbibbing massive amounts of protein supliment, saT there wondering why their muscles are not getting any bigger, . I'm assuming they only read the label and not the Small print

Nb, for most people who ARNt throwing big weights about, I suspect 30 grams is more than adequate

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For starters, the idea that that the body can only take a maximum of 30g is a myth started early on in the USA when they were building up their military. Their RTEs (Ready to eat meals) were packed with ~30g of protein and were being provided by a supplier, who for simplicity's sake I will call Supplier A. Later on another Supplier, Supplier B, started making RTEs but with more protein for the same price. Supplier A saw this a threat to business, so to keep the military from buying RTEs from Supplier B, it stated on the news that the body can only take 30g of protein anyway. It's complete crap. After thousands of years of evolution, the human body wouldn't reject protein at just 30g of day, especially considering protein is one of the most important things the body needs to grow.
I can't find the source of where I read the info on the origin of this myth, but here is a link supporting my claim that this is just a MYTH: Exposing The Myths About Protein!
I didn't see in his post where @jobo said anything about 30g being the max. He said .5g per pound was sufficient for hard training - that would be 85g for someone my size.

IvanTheBrick

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I said not more than half a gram Per pound of body weight, in my case that 100 grams, ( or more accurately a gram per kilo) i said nothing about 30 grams and nothing at all about it being rejected, the body doesn't reject protein , it just has no mechanism to store it, so you pass it on urine.

To be clear prOtein doesn't not make you grow, the exercise does that, the protein is just the building material for that growth, your body already makes its own protein from sugars. You need only enough to supply the growth your exercise has caused, any more is just waisted Down the urinal.

There are lots of people inbibbing massive amounts of protein supliment, saT there wondering why their muscles are not getting any bigger, . I'm assuming they only read the label and not the Small print

Nb, for most people who ARNt throwing big weights about, I suspect 30 grams is more than adequate
Tbh must have misread I thought you said 25g or above is expensive urine. im stupid :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:

IvanTheBrick

Orange Belt
Reaction score
A moderator has done it for you. :)
Bruh thanks the Moderator and praise him like I praise the sun. I hope someone here understand that reference. If you do, PM me for lore implicashionssss

kelly45

White Belt
Reaction score
I do not believe in diets, probably because I've always tried some and it does not work for me!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not believe in diets, probably because I've always tried some and it does not work for me!
"Diet" really just refers to what you eat. We all have a "diet". Some folks say they're going to "go on a diet", meaning they're going to change their diet (usually to lose weight). There's a fair amount of evidence that people's dietary needs aren't all the same (even excepting things like diabetes and food allergies).

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
"Diet" really just refers to what you eat. We all have a "diet". Some folks say they're going to "go on a diet", meaning they're going to change their diet (usually to lose weight). There's a fair amount of evidence that people's dietary needs aren't all the same (even excepting things like diabetes and food allergies).
I've been involved with people, a lot of people who are on a calorie controlled diets over the years and a) they all work if you stick to them and b) non of them work as all of them have returned to their previous level of chubbyness, as soon as the diet is over

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
non of them work as all of them have returned to their previous level of chubbyness, as soon as the diet is over

That's because the usual procedure is to go back to eating the way they did before the diet as soon as "the system" finishes.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's because the usual procedure is to go back to eating the way they did before the diet as soon as "the system" finishes.
Yes indeed, there generally for an " event" holIdays" wedding or just summer, rather
Than for " life" and of course a lot of the effective diets are not sustainable in the long term anyway,

My fat friend who was at on time my girl friend until she got the size of a good sized house, has been on a Near perpetual diet For 10 years and resists all attempts to get her to excersise, we were going on 10 miles walks at one time, till she replaced that with walking round the Trafford centre, We tried bike riding, accused me of trying to kill her, she drives 400 yards to buy Crisps

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been involved with people, a lot of people who are on a calorie controlled diets over the years and a) they all work if you stick to them and b) non of them work as all of them have returned to their previous level of chubbyness, as soon as the diet is over
Yeah, most folks apparently don't make long-term dietary changes. If you go back to the diet and activity level that put the fat on, it'll just come back.

Latest Discussions