Diet

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
All of the fad diets seem to have that issue. A simple calorie-restricted diet that is designed to avoid empty calories doesn't seem to have that risk. And those are the diets that seem to have the best long-term effect across populations.

Well, no argument there.

KangTsai

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
My friend's wife is on this diet from her doctors because she is going to get that "sleeve" operation. 1400 calories per day. My friend is a personal trainer, so he has her going to the gym to work out with him. Despite that crazy low calorie count, she is indeed losing weight!
That's not a "despite" - a calorie deficit directly = fat loss.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
And I think 1400 calories would seem low to most, considering that I think even the lowest ChooseMyPlate.gov goes is 1600. I will have to check that later though...at work now.

KangTsai

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think "despite" is appropriate because too MUCH of a calorie deficit = starvation mode, where you lose nothing.
It's actually "you lose much, much, faster," BUT, you also lose muscle mass with it. 1400 calories for a woman a day won't trigger such effects anyway. Far from it.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think "despite" is appropriate because too MUCH of a calorie deficit = starvation mode, where you lose nothing.

No. Doesn't haopen.

Our guys who do a cut weight will do a calorie restricted diet as a last ditch.

So it starts with eating clean. Cut down processed foods,starch like potatoes rice bread,pasta.

Then goes dairy. And fruit.

Then they look at carbs in general. And high sugar vegitables.

And then when you are basically on boiled eggs and spinach. Then you start looking to see if you need that extra egg.

Or they do ketogenic which is just meat.

For op. The clean eating is about where you should be.

Last edited:
OP
Monk1

Monk1

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for your comments :). I guess I will eat organic as possible. I thinky my Sifu also said to me to eat as clean as possible.Well, I guess I will do one thing at a time.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your comments :). I guess I will eat organic as possible. I thinky my Sifu also said to me to eat as clean as possible.Well, I guess I will do one thing at a time.
What does "eating clean" mean?

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think it is one of those catch phrases that is about as meaningless as "super foods."

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is one of those catch phrases that is about as meaningless as "super foods."
"Super food" at least has a reasonable definition, even if the concept is a bit hyperbolic. "Eating clean" almost sounds like a religious approach (not saying it is - just the concept that comes to my mind with the term), like eating kosher.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
"Super food" at least has a reasonable definition, even if the concept is a bit hyperbolic. "Eating clean" almost sounds like a religious approach (not saying it is - just the concept that comes to my mind with the term), like eating kosher.

I think it relates to how the food is processed.

OP
Monk1

Monk1

White Belt
Reaction score
@gpseymour HAHAHA! eating clean is indeed a very weird approach, I mean eat everything organic and no processed food. I guess, that's what my Sifu told me.

I am very sorry that I do not reply earlier, I will be more attentive to this topic. Thank you :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@gpseymour HAHAHA! eating clean is indeed a very weird approach, I mean eat everything organic and no processed food. I guess, that's what my Sifu told me.

I am very sorry that I do not reply earlier, I will be more attentive to this topic. Thank you :)
Ah! Just a new term to me - thanks for clarifying. It sounds like mostly a "whole foods" approach (most include "organic" in that explanation, though foods need not be organic to be "whole").

OP
Monk1

Monk1

White Belt
Reaction score
Aah, I understand!! I think, nobody ever says eating clean?!(Hygienic eating? WHAT!). I think I need to practice my English more, because I do not speak the language fluently. I will practice haha!

I mean, eat organic as possible as mother earth provides us whole foods. No processed foods.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score

No worries. We are just used to people coming and going.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score

You don't have a Panera near you ? :)

They refer to "clean food" as not artificial colors, preservatives, etc. Doesn't mean organic. Doesn't mean no processed stuff either (after all, Panera's specialty is allegedly their bread).

There's way too many stupid things different types of food get called. Look at "organic." Scientifically speaking, organic means containing carbon. All-natural? The FDA can't come up with a definition. Sprite advertising itself as all-natural tells you all you need to know.

My favorite is an ingredient "organic" food companies like to use - "evaporated cane juice." Seriously? Who thinks this is better than sugar? Or anything different than sugar?

There's something fundamentally wrong with the FDA's lack of regulation concerning how food is labeled/advertised.

Latest Discussions