Canada makes good swords

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
What do you think? Of course we do, some companies are hundreds of years old. They make real swords too not wall hangers, this is what I have and I wore it with pride you can be sure. Royal Air Force Ladies Sword - Pooley Sword

another company here Crisp & Sons - Sword Cutlers - Military & Ceremonial Sword Refurbishment, UK

That does look like a nice sword. Here we also have sword makers who make real swords that are not just for decoration. Anyway, I do know you also still have knights, but they usually don't use swords that much anymore do they.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That does look like a nice sword. Here we also have sword makers who make real swords that are not just for decoration. Anyway, I do know you also still have knights, but they usually don't use swords that much anymore do they.

All military officers and warrant officers have a sword, on the occasions they wear them, if threatened they will use them. They can also be used in war .
Jack Churchill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm a knight. Went to a medieval dinner at the castle in Cochem Germany in 1989. I competed against 5 other guys in several contests and ended up winning. It was fun. I don't have a sword, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm a knight. Went to a medieval dinner at the castle in Cochem Germany in 1989. I competed against 5 other guys in several contests and ended up winning. It was fun. I don't have a sword, though.

I've been benighted. Does that count? :boing2:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know Cochem, when we were posted in Germany we all used to zoom down the autobahn and camp there at weekends. The campsites used to be full of Brit service people.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I know Cochem, when we were posted in Germany we all used to zoom down the autobahn and camp there at weekends. The campsites used to be full of Brit service people.

I was stationed at Hahn ab, and spent most of my off duty time drinking beer or wine somewhere along the mosel river. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
What about swinging swords or telling tall tales :D

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about swinging swords or telling tall tales :D

You would probably get a nice tall bier. Mind you if you could get a sword there, it would probably be made by VW and come with fluffy dice (a phenomenon always mistaken as being Essex) and Sat-Nav.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nooo... That's how they get you.....
Person walks up and hands you a big mug, right after straight to sparring

I'll just take some bratwurst and sauerkraut and pretzel bread

I want to atleast remember my good time... :)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Frites and mayonnaise, still love that!

So you don't like french fries?

If I got my food correctly frites are kinda like french fries
Ugh, not a chance ever. I hate most veggies with a passion you cannot conceive of lol.

Who needs vegetables when you got bacon!

Some vegetables are okay, but not a alternative for meat and preferably not on the pizza :)

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Frites are French fries. Pommes frites. In Germany they are often served with mayonnaise. In America with ketchup. The Canadians do it right, though: chicken gravy and cheese curds. Yummy.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frites are French fries. Pommes frites. In Germany they are often served with mayonnaise. In America with ketchup. The Canadians do it right, though: chicken gravy and cheese curds. Yummy.

Mmm, okay. How does a banana one fit?

Latest Discussions