Your Hobbit and/or Elf name

Originally posted by Andi
Hehehe...nah, not that similar. Well I guess it is four letters with an o. Mohr. Maybe Knox and Mohr are related waaaaay back in some Tolkeinien realm.

Could very well be. I know I have quite a bit of Scotch Irish in my past, but I'm not sure about British. One never knows...

My hobbit name is: Daisy Bumbleroot of Fair Downs

Elf name: Idril Celebrindal

Ummm... I like the Elf name better.

- Ceicei

Originally posted by MACaver
These sites I got from another forum... for those who luv the Lord Of the Rings...

Guilty! I'm re-reading the series now. I just started the Two Towers the other night. I was surprised how many things were actually different, not just omitted in the Fellowship movie.

But I digress :-offtopic

Elven Name: Celebrimbor Telemnar

Hobbit Name: Grigory Sandybanks of Frogmorton

I used different variants of my name to get each of the above and picked my favorite. I'm probably not the only one who did that. :D

I was interested to see that many of us chose to check/list our Elven name first....
I also like my Elven name better.
%think%

Elf: Nienna Arnatuile

Hobbit: Dimple Bulge of Great Smials

I like the elf one best. There's just something wrong about Dimple Bulge.........

MartialArtsChic

Hobbit Name = Milo Sandybanks

Elfish Name = Amrod Nénharma

Hobbit name = Primula Baggins of Bywater

Elf name = Ireth Anarion

Hobbit name: Belladonna Overhill of Nobottle.

Elvish name: Aredhel Fefalas

hobbit: Bramblerose Goldworthy of Michel Delving (Hey Feisty - omg!)

elf: Idril Tasartir

Nalia, She-Sulsa, and Feisty - notice our first names are flowers?

hobbitness: Hob Loamsdown of Deephallow

elfin glory: Círdan Carnesîr

Orodreth Calmcacil

Moro Danderfluff of Willowbottom

"Thats officer Danderfluff to you pal!"

Just be careful around Bic Lighters and Open Flame until you get that problem under control

hobbit Lily Danderfluff of Willowbottom
elf Uruviel Calmcacil

i think that if these were my name i'd be in trouble cause i couldn't say them

FUZZYJ692000 said:
hobbit Lily Danderfluff of Willowbottom
elf Uruviel Calmcacil

i think that if these were my name i'd be in trouble cause i couldn't say them
I think were related. ;)

Hambut Hamwich of Buckleberry Fern

and

Dinendal Elensar

Question:

How are these translations being made? I know that in the standard "Name" encyclopedia "Paul Martin" breaks down to "Paul = Small" and "Martin = Of Mars (war god) or warlike." Whether these origins are characteristically accurate to me or not is another story....

Does this program trace back these 'definitions' and then find equivalents or is it just a Funyon game? Tolkien was a linguistic maniac, so I would think that he would have established enough foundation for the 'meaning' to be pretty substantially based.

Paul,

How are these translations being made? I know that in the standard "Name" encyclopedia "Paul Martin" breaks down to "Paul = Small" and "Martin = Of Mars (war god) or warlike."
Does that mean you're related to John Carter of Mars? KT

Latest Discussions

Back