Your Enemy Is Training...

Shatteredzen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, and they only show who was here first. My screenshot captures who the one with the chip on their shoulder is! πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
That's very selfish of you to assume my response was a barb rather than a genuine reply. I have been telegraphing my barbs way more Pook.

Much like the Carly Simon hit - "you're so vain", that comment is in fact, not about you.

Urban Trekker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
That's very selfish of you to assume my response was a barb rather than a genuine reply. I have been telegraphing my barbs way more Pook.

Much like the Carly Simon hit - "you're so vain", that comment is in fact, not about you.

^^^Annnnnddddd I'm done. Looks like I've been going back and forth with a child the whole time! Looks like I made a prediction when I told you to go sit at the children's table!πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Shatteredzen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
^^^Annnnnddddd I'm done. Looks like I've been going back and forth with a child the whole time! Looks like I made a prediction when I told you to go sit at the children's table!πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Well you did hopefully learn the fallacy of doing the internet tough guy routine. There's lots of people who can't play competitive online games very well who have told me they are gangsters in the RL and I'm still waiting on them to show up at my house like they promised.

Urban Trekker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well you did hopefully learn the fallacy of doing the internet tough guy routine.
"Aikido is useless" = "I'm a tough guy"

Your logic is as bad as jobo's command of the English language, and you displayed that long before this!πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Last edited:

Shatteredzen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
"Aikido is useless" = "I'm a tough guy"

Your logic is as bad as jobo's command of the English language, and you displayed that long before this!πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
I'm referring to your diatribe about being from Malibu's most wanted or whatever when you were citing world star hip hop for fighting techniques and talking about showing people videos of sweet martial arts moves to intimidate them. The whole IAMBIGPOOKIE routine. Remember that?

Urban Trekker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'm referring to your diatribe about being from Malibu's most wanted or whatever when you were citing world star hip hop for fighting techniques and talking about showing people videos of sweet martial arts moves to intimidate them. The whole IAMBIGPOOKIE routine. Remember that?
LOL, nope. Never said anything about being from Malibu's most wanted.

But I did say that I was Big Pookie. So what? If you think there's a threat behind that, that's your problem, not mine.

By the way, it's been years since anyone has threatened to come whoop my *** on the internet. You just outted yourself as an internet troll. And a horrible one at that! πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

OP
MadMartigan

MadMartigan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I misinterpreted, it sort of seemed to be a defense of mediocrity to me.
Haha. I can see how it coulda been interpreted that way. Not the intention.
While mediocrity is better than nothing, I really can't get my head around why anyone would train anything at all just to be ok at it.
My post was more a rant against macho posturing with the mentality that 'you're wasting your time if you don't practice only the 3-4 arts that ufc champions practice'. (Of course, I also believe that there are scenarios when that enemy IS actually training... that just doesn't apply to the majority).
I look at the martial arts as a lifelong pursuit, rather than a sprint to the finish line of badassery.
As was alluded to before the aikido is crap debate migrated this way from it's natural habitat: There is so much more to the martial arts than what the 'Tapout' or 'Affliction' culture portrays.

Shatteredzen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
LOL, nope. Never said anything about being from Malibu's most wanted.

But I did say that I was Big Pookie. So what? If you think there's a threat behind that, that's your problem, not mine.

By the way, it's been years since anyone has threatened to come whoop my *** on the internet. You just outted yourself as an internet troll. And a horrible one at that! πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚
I think you should take another crack at the whole reading thing. I don't think you read what you think you did.

Shatteredzen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Haha. I can see how it coulda been interpreted that way. Not the intention.
While mediocrity is better than nothing, I really can't get my head around why anyone would train anything at all just to be ok at it.
My post was more a rant against macho posturing with the mentality that 'you're wasting your time if you don't practice only the 3-4 arts that ufc champions practice'. (Of course, I also believe that there are scenarios when that enemy IS actually training... that just doesn't apply to the majority).
I look at the martial arts as a lifelong pursuit, rather than a sprint to the finish line of badassery.
As was alluded to before the aikido is crap debate migrated this way from it's natural habitat: There is so much more to the martial arts than what the 'Tapout' or 'Affliction' culture portrays.

On the plus side I feel like the community as a whole is coming around a bit. The practical mindset of "use what works" is much more pervasive now due in no small part to BJJ and the UFC. I think when we can drop some of the posturing and start collaborating more we will see a renaissance in the martial arts. I feel like its an exciting era to be alive for when I see how far its come since the 90's. There's so much more real stuff, good information, etc in Eastern and even Western martial arts then there ever was back when black belt magazine and local tournaments were the yardstick measuring everything. If we can meet humbly on the mat and do some good work, I have a feeling we will see a better integration between MMA/TMA and the community in general.

Urban Trekker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I think you should take another crack at the whole reading thing. I don't think you read what you think you did.
Oh, kind of like how you read me being the one who started things in this thread, when in fact you did by bringing up WSHH. One of us has a pretty bad track record for being able to read, and it ain't me!πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Shatteredzen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Oh, kind of like how you read me being the one who started things in this thread, when in fact you did by bringing up WSHH. One of us has a pretty bad track record for being able to read, and it ain't me!πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
Beware of getting involved in land wars in Asia

OP
MadMartigan

MadMartigan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
46_20858.jpg

Let's remember we're here for fun and not drive everyone else away with constant bickering.

D

Deleted member 39746

Havent really heard that one. but it does look slightly silly and i can see how it would annoy, it doesnt really make sense to me.

If we apply this to sport, only proffesional atheltes do it every day, and then they only train for the sport(s) they do. And their competition is usually in the same boat of them just explitly practising their sport(s).

If we apply this to another job, you generally get your how ever much training you get when you start to do it and they either offer CPD or leave it up to you until you take another post/need more mandated training.

i have no idea where i am going with this, so i am leaving it there.

Latest Discussions