your best atributes?

Reaction score
hi , this thread has probably been done to death but oh well thats life
my question is whats you best attributes in MA? , what i mean is what are you especialy gifted at or have done lots of thaining in and are now very good at technique-wise (are you a natualy hard hitter , a good kicker , good at footwork ect.) i

i do muay thai if this helps , i have a lot of leg muscle (years of bike riding and kicking too much) so i am a good kicker and knee-er , and i can block pretty well too

so what about you?

chris

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For me, it's entering and taking center. Also managed to keep a pretty good jab from my boxing/Muay Thai days.

Jeff

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm better at avoiding a fight than I am fighting. My best attributes are the ability to think quickly, clearly, and logically through an adrenaline dump, to be able to logically assess a situation and to stay situationally aware under a variety of circumstances.

One of these days I may actually be a fighter too :D

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It has been said by my instructors my best attribute is being stubborn. Now whether that is a good thing.... :idunno:

I do know I can be tenacious especially when I am focused. I am also very analytical and logical thinking. Sometimes I overthink things while training, so that specific attribute can become a detriment. When I get that way, I have to remind myself to let it go--just physically train and the mental stuff will come.

- Ceicei

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If I had one, my best attribute would be a .45 auto. :uhyeah:

But, since I don't have one... I'd say my best attributes would be experience, quickness, being skinny helps and being able to sqirm out of a good hold.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Persevereance
Open-mindedness
and
......I just plain Ol' LOVE doing Martial Arts!!!

These three things tends to make all the other qualities I'll need fall in line.

Your Brother
John

trueaspirer

Green Belt
Reaction score
My ability to panic. ??? Yeah, I know that sounds strange, but it's true. Normally I'll either try to hard to do something and fail, or not get motivated enough and give up halfway through. But when I really start worrying about my personal health, nothing else matters.

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Joint locks and throws are very strong for me. I strike and kick very hard also. Everyone tells me my kata is amazing but I don't believe them.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
......hmmm...
now that you mention it, I LOVE doing joint locks also.

Hate having them done to me though....
hahaha....

Your Brother
John

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Finding the good in everything. I am good at locks and throws. It is hard not to be decent and still practice hapkido.
icon10.gif

I have also heard I have a good jump spinning crescent.

Shotochem

Purple Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I can take a hit.:) A good chin is essential when you miss.:ultracool

Garth Barnard

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
My best attributes are:

I am very good at empathising, always have been, and found the book titled Verbal Judo by George J Thompson to be a very good suppliment.
I feel that I'm very good and Instructing, Coaching and Teaching.
I can hit like a freight train!

Apart from that, I'm Mr Average.

Take care,

Garth.

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My mind is my best attribute. I learn very quickly and don't forget too often. I also flow from technique to technique gracefully with little thought. The term "no-mind" comes to mind (pun intended).

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I was once told that I hit like a middle weight and kick like a heavy weight. That was cool before I became a heavy weight ;)

Seriously, I feel my best attribute is my relatively fast learning curve. Previously, I have been able to understand and competently implement techniques rather quickly.

EDIT: Until I began playing golf I thought I was very consistent. :D

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Fast hands, quick and hard elbows, very agile and quick on my feet. Gee, it's not often I have an opportunity to toot my own horn. I feel kind of egotistical now for even participating in this thread...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Speed..I'm a big guy so others mistake my girth for slowness..BIG MISTAKE on their part...Plus I know how to put my weight into strikes...

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Drac said:
Speed..I'm a big guy so others mistake my girth for slowness..BIG MISTAKE on their part...Plus I know how to put my weight into strikes...
I think I'm in the same boat. I've been told by a couple people that I move much better than guys my size. It's all about being deceptive. :D

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OUMoose said:
It's all about being deceptive. :D

Yes it is..It's lead to some real funny moments when I teaching at the police academy and some 21 year old rookie thinks he can embarrass the instructor..Not in his lifetime...

w.kaer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Garth Barnard said:
My best attributes are:

I am very good at empathising, always have been, and found the book titled Verbal Judo by George J Thompson to be a very good suppliment.
I feel that I'm very good and Instructing, Coaching and Teaching.
I can hit like a freight train!

Apart from that, I'm Mr Average.

Take care,

Garth.

On the "Verbal Judo" note...I have always been surprised when people I have known for a while tell me that they were intimidated by me when they first met me. I have never figured it out. I have never though that I have an imposing voice or build. I guess people think what is coming is going to be worse than what really is.