Yiquan vs. Xingyiquan

TaiChiTJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
It would be a very tough choice. I have purchased written instruction in Yiquan. It seems to me instruction in Yiquan "gets to the point", a little faster than traditional Hsing-i, however Hsing-i is a great art.

Here is the site where I ordered the written instructions:

http://yiquan.chinamartialarts.net/

I have a friend who suggested to me that since the founder of Yiquan was a master of Hsing-i before developing Yiquan, Yiquan could be considered a kind of extension or side branch of Hsing-i.

What do you think?

I had a very interesting email conversation with a teacher at the Yiquan site about the use of visualization while holding the standing posture. I was really taught how an internal mental process can be used to create a stronger stance.

I would recommend the site, they are great people, in love with Yiquan.

Gaoguy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Everything in yiquan is already in xingyiquan. Yiquan, for the most part, dispenses with the forms. However that's where a lot of the chinna and shuai aspects are.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
TaiChiTJ said:
It would be a very tough choice. I have purchased written instruction in Yiquan. It seems to me instruction in Yiquan "gets to the point", a little faster than traditional Hsing-i, however Hsing-i is a great art.

Here is the site where I ordered the written instructions:

http://yiquan.chinamartialarts.net/

I have a friend who suggested to me that since the founder of Yiquan was a master of Hsing-i before developing Yiquan, Yiquan could be considered a kind of extension or side branch of Hsing-i.

What do you think?

I had a very interesting email conversation with a teacher at the Yiquan site about the use of visualization while holding the standing posture. I was really taught how an internal mental process can be used to create a stronger stance.

I would recommend the site, they are great people, in love with Yiquan.

Wang Xiangzhai learned Xingyi from Guo Yun Shen before he developed Yiquan

I do Tai Chi, I have done Xingyi, and I like what I read about Yiquan. And Xingyi and Yiquan appear to be very similar in the beginning, the post training stuff.

I will check out the site you posted.

Here's Another Yiquan site.
http://www.yiquan.com/v3/en/index.htm

Gaoguy said:
Everything in yiquan is already in xingyiquan. Yiquan, for the most part, dispenses with the forms. However that's where a lot of the chinna and shuai aspects are.

An interesting point, I knew the forms were forms were not there, but I had not thought of what that actually means.

CrushingFist

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I know nothing but I read a bit a while back, its hard for me to train without a job, but I use to chat with a couple of Internal arts practitioners mainly were Xingyi, Taiji and Yiquan students . These folks really love what they are doing and I feel their love .

CrushingFist

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I was reading on yiquan from that page wow it really interest me.
The NYC yiquan page is down by the way.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It has been down for awhile.

I am wondering if the school still exists there.

I am beginning to believe, on the east coast, that a real yiquan teacher is harder to find than a real a Xingyi teacher.

And I am not certain, but I think the same may go for the west coast too.

CrushingFist

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Xue Sheng said:
It has been down for awhile.

I am wondering if the school still exists there.

I am beginning to believe, on the east coast, that a real yiquan teacher is harder to find than a real a Xingyi teacher.

And I am not certain, but I think the same may go for the west coast too.
There's only 1 Yiquan school in NY and probably the only one in the East Coast not sure. And the teacher is chinese too so maybe he's real? dachengdao.com or something dachengkungfu

Latest Discussions