Wushu Training Drills Part 2 ( Amazing Tornado Kick)

stonze

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

I take you through my warm up drills that I do before I start my class. In this video, I do some more punching drills on the bag. I do a "Wing Chun" chain punching drill on the bag as well.

I also execute an amazing "Tornado Kick", and one of my "Sibaks" makes a little cameo in this video as well. I do at least 30 movements or steps with Tai Chi with the "Golden Rooster" form.

Martial Art - Northern Wushu

Last edited by a moderator:

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is great that you have the courage to put yourself out their in video. That kind of fortitude is commendable.

Unfortunately, I have have to concur with clfsean.

J W

Green Belt
Reaction score
The "Wing Chun chain punching" drill looks like you are making big looping circles with your fists. Wing Chun punching is very linear, the punches should be straight forward.

I guess I'm a little confused as to what you are studying- your post says Northern Wushu (which is pretty general), but alot of the punching looks like boxing. You also attempt some Wing Chun and Taichi techniques in the video, and it says that your Si-bak is a 2nd degree in Kajukenbo (with no mention of Wushu- does he practice multiple arts?). What is the particular style/art that you're training in? Or is it some sort of amalgam of wushu, boxing, kajukenbo, WC, etc?

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
The "Wing Chun chain punching" drill looks like you are making big looping circles with your fists. Wing Chun punching is very linear, the punches should be straight forward.

I guess I'm a little confused as to what you are studying- your post says Northern Wushu (which is pretty general), but alot of the punching looks like boxing. You also attempt some Wing Chun and Taichi techniques in the video, and it says that your Si-bak is a 2nd degree in Kajukenbo (with no mention of Wushu- does he practice multiple arts?). What is the particular style/art that you're training in? Or is it some sort of amalgam of wushu, boxing, kajukenbo, WC, etc?

Not exactly a response, so much as me asking the same question in a different way.
Are you learning at a Northern Wushu place, or is it like a studio for CMA based AROUND Northern Wushu rather than specifically BEING Northern Wushu?

OP
S

stonze

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
my sibak has multiple black belts in various martial arts, but in the wushu class, he's a green belt

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score

Yep, bicycling.

Latest Discussions