WTF - Kukkiwon Certificates

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
he passed away

Then you would need to get your student sponsored by another Master who has the access. You will also need to get your 4th dan rank from another Master or Grandmaster in order to qualify.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Then you would need to get your student sponsored by another Master who has the access. You will also need to get your 4th dan rank from another Master or Grandmaster in order to qualify.

Well, it's kind of either/or. Another 4th dan (or higher) could oversee the test and submit the form to KKW, or dmh could get someone to promote them to 4th dan and they could do it themselves.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, it's kind of either/or. Another 4th dan (or higher) could oversee the test and submit the form to KKW, or dmh could get someone to promote them to 4th dan and they could do it themselves.

And/or, not either/or

dmh

White Belt
Reaction score
well do you know who can i speak with?

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
well do you know who can i speak with?

For which one? If you want someone to promote your students, you'll want to start contacting KKW masters in your state/region/country and do some networking. Send some emails or Facebook messages.

If you want someone to promote you to 4th dan, you'll need to either 1) find someone who's at least 5th dan who's willing to test and promote you at their school, or 2) go to a group testing offered through your national governing body (USA Taekwondo, or the equivalent in your country) or going to a KKW special dan test.

My other half, Mr WaterGal, did his last dan test by the second method after we had a falling out with our old instructor. KKW was offering a special dan test in conjunction with their Master Instructor course in Denver a few years back, and he flew out and did both.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
For which one? If you want someone to promote your students, you'll want to start contacting KKW masters in your state/region/country and do some networking. Send some emails or Facebook messages.

If you want someone to promote you to 4th dan, you'll need to either 1) find someone who's at least 5th dan who's willing to test and promote you at their school, or 2) go to a group testing offered through your national governing body (USA Taekwondo, or the equivalent in your country) or going to a KKW special dan test.

My other half, Mr WaterGal, did his last dan test by the second method after we had a falling out with our old instructor. KKW was offering a special dan test in conjunction with their Master Instructor course in Denver a few years back, and he flew out and did both.
Did you see anything different in the KKW special dan test?
I did my 4th Dan like you mentioned in Chicago, in conjunction with my GM back in 1994. Overall I thought is was a good bit easier than our usual curriculum testing;s.

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Did you see anything different in the KKW special dan test?
I did my 4th Dan like you mentioned in Chicago, in conjunction with my GM back in 1994. Overall I thought is was a good bit easier than our usual curriculum testing;s.

I stayed behind and taught classes while he did that (in retrospect, I'm pretty sure our students wouldn't have actually minded us closing the school for the week for something like that, but we were so scared to take any time off back then), so I didn't actually see it. IIRC, from what he said it sounded like they had a lot of people crowded into a small hotel conference room and basically just ran through the basic minimum requirements of forms, breaking, demonstrate some basic techniques, do some sparring.

Reactions: dmh

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
GRANDMASTER Sim Woon Pan

I used to be really active on this forum, so I'm sad that I missed this one.

Grandmaster Pan was my instructor all the way from white belt to my current 7th Dan, he acknowledged me as his senior student, and I acted as his personal secretary in arranging things with both Kukkiwon and Changmookwan (as well as other events in Korea).

What assistance was he providing you? Can you let me know your real name (rather than forum username), maybe he spoke to me of the help he was giving you and I can help you.

Reactions: dmh

Gwai Lo Dan

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
And/or, not either/or

"Either" can mean "both".

upload_2020-6-16_18-2-20.png

Latest Discussions