WT network

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is in response to the EBMAS thread. I thought it needed its own space.

There are a lot of us out there floating around who trained WT but have since left the organization... not talking about the Emins and the Jeff Webbs who's left so they could be chief of their own organization but those of us who are Grassroots and are just training.

I was thinking of this last night and then geezer touched on it with his response. What do you think about putting some kind of WT Network together for all of us guys to compare notes, and further our own training and understanding of what we have?
It might be something as simple as picking up a concept or two or even learning a section that maybe we haven't seen before.

Any takers? Any ideas of how to go about doing this?

Callen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I truly hope that you guys can do this.

The greater Wing Chun community would benefit immeasurably by your positive example. I honestly believe that ideas like this will change the way lineages work together in the future.

I have some ideas, I will PM you...

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is in response to the EBMAS thread. I thought it needed its own space.

There are a lot of us out there floating around who trained WT but have since left the organization... not talking about the Emins and the Jeff Webbs who's left so they could be chief of their own organization but those of us who are Grassroots and are just training.

I was thinking of this last night and then geezer touched on it with his response. What do you think about putting some kind of WT Network together for all of us guys to compare notes, and further our own training and understanding of what we have?
It might be something as simple as picking up a concept or two or even learning a section that maybe we haven't seen before.

This is a positive step. I'd be interested in informally networking and sharing info under the radar. I still train with people who are operating WT as a business and I'd rather not burn any bridges. PM me any time. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have little or nothing to contribute to this, since I do not train Wing Chun anymore, and never trained that much of it in the first place, but I will say this sounds like a great idea.

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
So how would be the way to do this?
A private YouTube channel initially?
Or zoom meetings?

Argus

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Curious, do I have to be a Wing Tsun guy to participate?
I'd be extremely interested in comparing notes and deep discussions in general, regardless of lineage.

*I don't currently train Wing Tsun, though I have the opportunity to train with a rogue WT guy which I may start doing in the near future.

OP
Y

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Curious, do I have to be a Wing Tsun guy to participate?
I'd be extremely interested in comparing notes and deep discussions in general, regardless of lineage.

*I don't currently train Wing Tsun, though I have the opportunity to train with a rogue WT guy which I may start doing in the near future.

I think that would be great.

Argus

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Maybe (also) a private forum for long form discussions and recording information?

Latest Discussions