Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not a beg
Been doing other arts along time
I am not a fanboy and CM has mostly been a thug his entire life

What is a 'beg'?

As you don't know Conor I'm not sure you can say he's been a thug most of his life, you won't have heard of him before he got into the UFC unlike myself who first met him in 2008 at a Cage rage event, I was there supporting a friend of mine. I've known his coach John 6 years longer since he fought my daughter's then boyfriend ( who fought in the UFC btw) and brought fighters over here for us and other promotions when he started coaching.

As for being a fanboy, you very much are.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Who’s better than CM ??? Pound for pound

John Jones , Khabib
Daniel Cormier, George's st Pierre, Anderson silva, stipe miocic, Amanda nunes, Henry cejudo, JON Jones, Khabib, Demetrius Johnson, Valentina schevchenko

Really any champion that's actually defended their title....also I don't remember McGregors name being in your top pound for pound fighters list before this fight....did he suddenly get this high uo by beating A in your words "brain damaged" Donald cerrone?

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
One quick KO in a card is fine , you try ten fights which finish quickly, I can tell you from experience no one is happy but of course you are just disagreeing for the sake of it. If you have never promoted a fight night you won't understand the problem. You have missed my point totally about it being a card full of quick finishes not one.
If you have all the fights on a card finish in the first round people aren't happy, you may think they would be but they aren't because they've paid for tickets for an evenings entertainment, they want good fights, ten minutes in total of fighting is NOT what they've paid for, especially if it's a long awaited fight between two well known rivals, they like to see a bit of a show.
lol

Wow

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Daniel Cormier, George's st Pierre, Anderson silva, stipe miocic, Amanda nunes, Henry cejudo, JON Jones, Khabib, Demetrius Johnson, Valentina schevchenko

Really any champion that's actually defended their title....also I don't remember McGregors name being in your top pound for pound fighters list before this fight....did he suddenly get this high uo by beating A in your words "brain damaged" Donald cerrone?

For active fighter it’s only Jones and Khabib
I would say CM is better than all the rest you said except Gsp

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My coach Anton and Rob when they met him.

He says Connor was cool when he was under no obligation to be.

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Gsp is still in peek form and I bet he could beat Khabib

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
A fighter that Kos all their opponents in a round is absolutely the most marketable product in any combat sport. Nobody likes watching a man have his jock sniffed and get laid on for three rounds.

And nobody complains about quick knock outs. That's exactly what everyone wants to see.

And you get paid more to do it.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
For active fighter it’s only Jones and Khabib
I would say CM is better than all the rest you said except Gsp
Here you go even the UFC who heavily overhype mcgregor don't even have him in the top 10 p4p and that's current UFC rankings so it's also excluding fighters outside the UFC and retired fighters like GSP
image.jpeg

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gsp is still in peek form and I bet he could beat Khabib

I'm not sure he does much peeking to be honest though I'd be happy to have him peek around my way. ;)

Most people I know say that about him. He was charming when I met him that time, it was few years before the UFC though.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
My coach Anton and Rob when they met him.

I'm sure the old man he punched in a bar will say otherwise or the fan he assaulted or the referee he attacked or the bus full of fighters he attacked and injured a number of them

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Try being a promoter though and every fight finishing in the first minute, not so much fun, in fact it's a nightmare.

They actually tell you to go for the ko in the UFC to get a fight bonus.

And hey. As a fight promoter. You get to go home a bit earlier. Win win.

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I am sorry I am in the minority but I think CM is one of the best ever

He also creamed Halloway and Dustin and Aldo