Would you attend a benefit seminar north of Boston?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm an active volunteer with my local CERT team as well as with New Hampshire State Parks. I'm trying to raise money to get my Wilderness First Responder certification so I can assist people in need when they have a medical emergency, especially if they are in a location that is not accessible by ambulance. I love volunteering and giving back to the community, the downside is that I do not have a way of recovering the costs associated with my training.

My friend Coach Jeff Burger has stepped in to help, he has offered to teach a seminar at his school in Peabody, MA to help me raise money for my training.

So the question I have for you all is -- would you attend Coach Burger's seminar? And if so, what would you like the seminar to be about?

www.CoachJeffBurger.com

Last edited:

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
Unfortunately it is the wrong side of the country for me. However, I think that it is a great idea.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmmm 7 hours away I've gone farther for a seminar. Depends in time and my schedule I could possibly attend

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm 7 hours away I've gone farther for a seminar. Depends in time and my schedule I could possibly attend

Wow Ballen, that would be amazing! :asian:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'd attend. (If my schedule conflicts I'll still pay)

As for the subject of the seminar - I googled your friend. Anything would be great. Takedowns, Muay Thai clinch, basic Jits. Defensive Tactics would be awesome. Whatever.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I really like the idea of Defensive Tactics as well...although pretty much anything Coach teaches is damn good.

He's having a striking seminar at his school on Sunday, I'll meet up with him then and discuss more logistics.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Defensive Tactics seminar it is! Monday, May 17 2pm - 5pm!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Cool.

Carol, can you give me a mailing address, I'll send a check. (how much)

Where will the seminar be? Thanks.

DennisBreene

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Boston is about a 2 day trip. Depending on the date and my circumstances, I would be interested. If I can't make it, I'd still like to contribute. Please keep me posted.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Defensive Tactics seminar it is! Monday, May 17 2pm - 5pm!

Ack! This SATURDAY, May 17!! (Not Monday!) 2pm - 5pm

This is at Coach Jeff Burger's school, 21 Caller Street, Peabody, Mass.n. went to a striking seminar today with a lot of his students, and they are excited about joining us!

If anyone is coming in from out of town and would like to make a weekend of it, I'd be glad to organize something for Sunday, May 18 as well, whether its training, sightseeing, or just hanging out. I live 45 minutes away from the school in southern New Hampshire

The event details are up on Facebook, you may RSVP through Facebook, or just drop me a message.

I think it will be a great time! :)

https://www.facebook.com/events/296776903810150/

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cool.

Carol, can you give me a mailing address, I'll send a check. (how much)

Where will the seminar be? Thanks.

Coach usually charges $40.00 for a three hour seminar. We're requesting a $40 donation. Personally, I'd be grateful for any support :)

I'll message you with a mailing address if you prefer to send a check. If anyone else needs my address just holler and I'll message you as well.

Anyone can also donate through the GoFundMe link in my signature, just click the purple button.

Everyone who donates $40 or more (whether check or via GoFundMe) before the seminar may attend for free! Just let us know if you expect to be there :)

THANK YOU so much Buka for your support! :asian:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's in the mail, Carol. See you there.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's in the mail, Carol. See you there.

Thank you! I've gotten approval from Bob and the new owners to call this a Martial Talk meet and greet. Hopefully we'll have some other friends come join us as well :)

EddieCyrax

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Coach usually charges $40.00 for a three hour seminar. We're requesting a $40 donation. Personally, I'd be grateful for any support :)

I'll message you with a mailing address if you prefer to send a check. If anyone else needs my address just holler and I'll message you as well.

Anyone can also donate through the GoFundMe link in my signature, just click the purple button.

Everyone who donates $40 or more (whether check or via GoFundMe) before the seminar may attend for free! Just let us know if you expect to be there :)

THANK YOU so much Buka for your support! :asian:

$40/hour....?!?......that is a steal.....sadly the timing and travel required will prevent my attendance......Good Luck reaching your goal....

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We're rocking this today! A few friends coming out, will be a great time!

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
At this point -- I hope y'all have had a great turnout and everyone had a good time!

Latest Discussions