OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Mark Lopez lost against Cuba. No medal for him

Yours,
Markku P
Yes he did. The first match. Not good four USA. On a side note Korea seems to have bounced back form the poor showing they had at the Olympics. Swept day 1 and looks to do the same for day 2.

Markku P

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yes he did. The first match. Not good four USA. On a side note Korea seems to have bounced back form the poor showing they had at the Olympics. Swept day 1 and looks to do the same for day 2.

No medals for Korean fighter the women's -49kg

Markku P

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Charlotte Craig loses to Yania Aguirre of Cuba, 8-5, in the women's -49kg quarterfinal. No medals for US today

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well we have TJ and Paige today, this is the best chance we have right now. Hopefully they both can get the ball rolling.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Both of them lost before medal fights. What is going on with Team USA?

They just do not do enough international events. We are being shut down by less ranking opponets. We still have 10 fighters left maybe we can salvage something from this world championship.

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Salvage what?We sent Too many coaches and a team That is not unified. I would like a win from Cheyenne though.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Salvage what?We sent Too many coaches and a team That is not unified. I would like a win from Cheyenne though.
Cheyenne lost 8 to 7 to Korea. :(
She gave it her best shot. Congrats to her.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
This team is extremely divided and doomed to fail!!!! Sad really!!!!

Cheyenne had a real chance she has already beaten some of the best in the world! Same for Logan!!!

But the culture of USA Tkd is really bad!!!

I hope Juan and Jean are out and they let Patrice do his job and hire his coaches!!!!

Juan has really lead Paige and TJ down the wrong path and it showed!!!!

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah the Team looks bad :( Let's see what the juniors do at PanAms. Hope much better than the Sr. But Jr. always look good.

Markku P

Blue Belt
Reaction score
No medals for US yet. UK has done poorly but small Sweden just secured their first medal! ( I am Finn, but I live in Sweden )

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
It was a tough championships for both countries for sure.

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So, no any medals for team USA and GB.
This is what happens when the leadership of your countries National Governing Bodies are dis functional!!!!You get in fighting and really poor results.You also get athletes leaving for other countries...which is a problem in both GBR and USA!The USA has a lot of very good JR's sadly to say many quit because the system is so bad they can't see the future!We have lots of problems in the USA!! I hope Bruce and Patrice can fix them.

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think it's too early to draw any conclusions except that we're in transition and the new 'regime' has not had an effect yet. The question is how leadership, coaches, and athletes use this week to improve and move forward. The real loss would be to give in to bickering and blaming when the window is open and the winds of change are blowing. Let's see who shows the initiative and fortitude to shine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Very true!!!!!
I think it's too early to draw any conclusions except that we're in transition and the new 'regime' has not had an effect yet. The question is how leadership, coaches, and athletes use this week to improve and move forward. The real loss would be to give in to bickering and blaming when the window is open and the winds of change are blowing. Let's see who shows the initiative and fortitude to shine.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest Discussions