FMAT: WEKAF announcment

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
WEKAF announcment
By James Miller - 08-11-2011 01:48 PM
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

There has been much discussion on which WEKAF is the official on for the United States. The following letter clears some things up as well as creates more questions.

PIMA Denver Members-

I spoke with Grandmaster Dong Cuesta this morning, who just returned from the Philippines. As many of you know, there has been political problems with WEKAF USA, and Grandmaster Dinoy Canete has given us an update.

Tom Sipin has been expelled from both WEKAF and Doce Pares. Sharon Burns of Australia has also been expelled from WEKAF. The version of WEKAF USA headed by Bong Jornales is no longer recognized by WEKAF International, and therefore competing in one of their sanctioned tournaments will not qualify competitors to compete in the next WEKAF world championship in the Philippines.

The current WEKAK USA formed by Grandmaster Alfredo Bandalan, assisted by Grandmaster Max Pallen and other Grandmasters, is now officially recognized by WEKAF International. Based on the guidance of my teacher, Grandmaster Dong Cuesta and his teacher, Grandmaster Diony Canete, I will now be supporting the officially sanctioned WEKAF USA, and playing an administrative role. We will again have a Mountain Region, and Guro Tim Mills will be our Regional Director. He is currently making arrangements for our regional qualifying tournament.

If you have further questions, please give me a call 303-883-1831.

Regards,
Steve Wolk

Attachment 1132
Attached Images
  • jpg.gif
    289558_10150256149153301_669123300_7522040_7922383_o.jpg&lrm; (42.0 KB)

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

Latest Discussions