Wonder if my daughter will be able to test Saturday

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
A winter storm is approaching, supposed to be here by 12 midnight. I've heard we are going to get 4" - 6" of snow and I've heard 6" - 12." You'd think because we live in the NE the roads would be kept clear. That's not necessarily true, especially when schools are closed.

My daughter is supposed to test for 2nd gup on Saturday. The dojang is about a 25 minute drive during good weather. During bad weather we usually go out of our way and take the interstate which adds another 10 miles. The problem is we live north of the dojang and it's like a different climate at times. Some of the roads are very hilly and dangerous with snow squalls, bad visibility and deaths every year, hence, the reason for using the interstate at times. However, the interstate can be pretty bad, too. Interstates cannot be kept clear during a storm. Snow is supposed to continue at least through Sunday (maybe next week also).

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the bad weather, there is a good chance is may be cancelled. I'd double check before you venture out. Stay safe and best of luck to your daughter on the test. :)

Rumor has it, my area is supposed to get slammed with a huge storm tomorrow afternoon, well into the evening. Another round towards the end of the weekend as well.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Probably the same storm thats coming up my way.

Although now I am stuck at Reagan Airport becuase Raleigh-Durham is fogged in...LOL

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
With the bad weather, there is a good chance is may be cancelled. I'd double check before you venture out. Stay safe and best of luck to your daughter on the test. :)

Rumor has it, my area is supposed to get slammed with a huge storm tomorrow afternoon, well into the evening. Another round towards the end of the weekend as well.
I hope testing is cancelled. I'm going to ask tonight. It's possible they may cancel in advance.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We are doing rank testing tomorrow night weather permitting. I am hearing maybe 10" total here. I usually make closing announcements a few hours before the event. The way weather changes so quickly here its not always an easy call. whether to close or not.

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I asked tonight and found that Master Rexer doesn't cancel tests unless there is a state-of-emergency. We will take the longer, safer way to the dojang.

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The storm arrived about one-and-a-half hours ago. We already have an inch-and-a-half of snow on the deck; it's piking up fast. I am happy to say road crews are plowing. They've already gone by my house three times.

The storm is supposed to end around midnight but we heard sleet might be coming down also. Tomorrow is supposed to be partly sunny. I believe the roads will be good by the time we need to hit the road.

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It just started here and everyone is driving in a crazy frenzy! Time for me to hide at home! :)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good Luck at the test.

We have 5 to 6 inches of snow and drifts up to 10 inches, with more snow to come. Although the news, states the worst is over and the rest of the snow will fall slower in rate.

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
When my husband drove home tonight, he took Route 17. Westbound, the direction he was travelling, had about 6 inches on it. A tractor trailer in front of him slowed down to 10 mph. The guy was having a heck of time steering or something. Of course other idiots were flying by.

We are not expecting conditions to be as good as we thought they'd be. No school tomorrow, maybe not as much plowing. Still, the plow trucks went by my house a number of times. Wonder why the interstates and main roads weren't being plowed enough?

OP
Lynne

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It was a big fat 16 degrees this morning but the roads were ok (if you have winter tires).

Bonnie did fine, earned her 2nd gup. The board break went well - jump back kick.

AMP-RYU

Black Belt
Reaction score
It was a big fat 16 degrees this morning but the roads were ok (if you have winter tires).

Bonnie did fine, earned her 2nd gup. The board break went well - jump back kick.

Tell her we said congratulations and congrats to you as well mom, I bet your proud!
icon12.gif

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well done and congrats!
Bit worried about your weather! What you get we tend to get a few days later after it's crossed the Atlantic, we've had high winds and lots of rain already.

Latest Discussions