Wing Chun-Insider information

OP
futsaowingchun

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think if you are not advertising or promoting yourself with these videos. Than the criticisms could turn into discussions. Who knows you may learn I may learn from information being shared. Otherwise if video is being presented in a "I know everything" way. It turns into you defending how great you are. I'd like to see some discussion. Like why you think these are insider secrets? Someone said it before. The secrets in MA are right in front of us, out in the open like they should be.

Ok, the title of the video was used to raise a bit of an eyebrow. It was done intentional,and I wanted to see what the effect would be. The effect was what I though it would be..Also,when I made the video I did not know what to call it so it was a bit " tongue in cheek." at the time.

Phobius

Black Belt
Reaction score
I for one thought it was nice to see this video. It displayed some questions that was apparently important to your student based on your teachings.

Some of the answers may be obvious based on my own fairly limited practise up to this point while others are more interesting, but nonetheless any information sharing that is genuine to the point that it is not trying to sell an argument but rather explain your view of another persons conundrum. Feels very uplifting and friendly in itself.

So before people complain about semantics, this video is perhaps not sharing any secrets but still working opposite what people would call having insider secrets in its essence. He shares his own expression and interpretation of the art the way it fits his body and mind.

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
From a semi-anonymous somebody, it's typically "I couldn't care less" :D
Thanks.. I could just blame it on a oversight. But I'll own it. I guess if you say it wrong long enough it's still wrong? Haha. For all intensive purpose I'll have to double check my grammar more often... For all intents and purposes I'll try and do the opposite. Or vise versa? I don't know? :D.. Sad thing is English is my only language.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks.. I could just blame it on a oversight. But I'll own it. I guess if you say it wrong long enough it's still wrong? Haha. For all intensive purpose I'll have to double check my grammar more often... For all intents and purposes I'll try and do the opposite. Or vise versa? I don't know? :D.. Sad thing is English is my only language.

sorry but had to do this... vice versa :D

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Since we all seem to be piling on poor Jake.......'intents and purposes
:)

Sorry , but it was a hanging curve ball.....I had to take it

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's ok you've kicked me when I was down before. Remember piers vs peers?! Lol.

I just think it's my duty to teach you lot how to speak and write the Queen's English....... so you can all speak like wot I do. :D

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I just think it's my duty to teach you lot how to speak and write the Queen's English....... so you can all speak like wot I do. :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------I used to once upona time but my Oklahoma years changed me, fer shore-yall hear?

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score

Good grief....you even write with an accent !

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
At least I can say I'am learning to speak proper Queens English. Even though I'm not from Queens. I'm not from New York or the east coast. Pho geta boutit!:cigar:. Wait you're from the country of London? On the continent of the UK? JK now I'm really looking smart?

Last edited:

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
There is so much wrong with what I've said in this thread. Please forgive me? At least hopefully what I lack in intellect, I make up with wit? Plus I'm a great guy dang it!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is so much wrong with what I've said in this thread. Please forgive me? At least hopefully what I lack in intellect, I make up with wit? Plus I'm a great guy dang it!

We will probably get our knuckles rapped for a massive 'off topic' but sometimes a bit of light relief is very much needed to dissipate the ill feeling that sometimes creeps up on threads so don't apologise for being witty! :)
Perhaps it will continue on topic but with a lighter touch now thanks to you. :)

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least I can say I'am learning to speak proper Queens English. Even though I'm not from Queens. I'm not from New York or the east coast. Pho geta boutit!:cigar:. Wait you're from the country of London? On the continent of the UK? JK now I'm really looking smart?

Don't worry about it, no one in England speaks like the Queen, the Welsh do :D Yeah no one else will get either. It is a shame that the Wing Chun threads descend into chaos because of narrow minded views. If a person has to worry about a linage as being a prim and proper way, then they frankly need help. Life is too short and serious to worry about such things. History is history according to the one.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is a shame that the Wing Chun threads descend into chaos because of narrow minded views. If a person has to worry about a linage as being a prim and proper way, then they frankly need help. Life is too short and serious to worry about such things. History is history according to the one.

Yea, Wing Chun people tend to do a lot of in fighting, no pun intended....well maybe a little intended.

Because WC is principle based, it follows a certain set of rules. Some of these rules are essential principles and must be adhered to in order to say one is practicing proper WC.
Others are non-essential, and more peripheral in nature, leaving room for interpretation. We should be able to agree on the essentials and agree to disagree on the non-essentials....but seriously, who's going to do that???????

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yea, Wing Chun people tend to do a lot of in fighting, no pun intended....well maybe a little intended.

Because WC is principle based, it follows a certain set of rules. Some of these rules are essential principles and must be adhered to in order to say one is practicing proper WC.
Others are non-essential, and more peripheral in nature, leaving room for interpretation. We should be able to agree on the essentials and agree to disagree on the non-essentials....but seriously, who's going to do that???????

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, no, no... I disagree to agree. And if your WC training was any good you would know that in any WC discussion disagreement is essential!! :wacky:

I'm not sure whether I agree or disagree with what you just said