wing chun in or near Scottsdale AZ

hunschuld

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I am going to be spending a bit of time is Scottsdale for the next 12 to 16 months. I am looking for a place to train a bit. Not to teach and not to take lessons. just someplace that I could use the Dummy and weapons if possible to just keep in some shape. Not even interested in doing Chi Sao, I would but no interest in doing anything that could be considered disruptive.

Hunter

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I am going to be spending a bit of time is Scottsdale for the next 12 to 16 months. I am looking for a place to train a bit. Not to teach and not to take lessons. just someplace that I could use the Dummy and weapons if possible to just keep in some shape. Not even interested in doing Chi Sao, I would but no interest in doing anything that could be considered disruptive.

Hunter
Hunter, I'm over in Phoenix and train in some borrowed space so I can't help you. More's the pity. If it were possible, I would gladly share space just to meet you and share some ideas over tea. There are several WC guys from other lineages over in that area ...but you know how most WC people are. I do know an old TKD instructor who has a school and has long had an interest in WC and ....he has a brand new dummy.
If you like, I could PM you his number

OP
H

hunschuld

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thanks Geezer, If you send me your info I will give you a call next time I am in town. Would be good to meet. I have taken an apartment near Kierland Commons. I have no clue how far away that is from you. Phoenix area is large and I don't know it at all. The number of the TKD guy would be great. At my age I need to practice just so I don't forget to many things.

I have never understood why WC people are so touchy about meeting and sharing. When I had a school in Florida I always invited anyone coming to vacation to stop by. It was great. I met people from all over the world. I think the problem has to do with the late 90's WC bullies/police. The ones who attacked every other WC style that did not conform to their own ideas of what was correct. Best part it turns out the bulles were the ones that were usually wrong about major things.

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Thanks Geezer, If you send me your info I will give you a call next time I am in town. Would be good to meet. I have taken an apartment near Kierland Commons. I have no clue how far away that is from you. Phoenix area is large and I don't know it at all. The number of the TKD guy would be great. At my age I need to practice just so I don't forget to many things.

I have never understood why WC people are so touchy about meeting and sharing. When I had a school in Florida I always invited anyone coming to vacation to stop by. It was great. I met people from all over the world. I think the problem has to do with the late 90's WC bullies/police. The ones who attacked every other WC style that did not conform to their own ideas of what was correct. Best part it turns out the bulles were the ones that were usually wrong about major things.

That area near Kierland Commons is very nice. Spent a week across the street at that Marriott a couple years ago. How long will you be in that area Hunter? I may have a business trip to Phoenix soon, but I'll be on the opposite side of the city (southwest).

OP
H

hunschuld

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That area near Kierland Commons is very nice. Spent a week across the street at that Marriott a couple years ago. How long will you be in that area Hunter? I may have a business trip to Phoenix soon, but I'll be on the opposite side of the city (southwest).
I will know this week when my next trip to phoenix will be. I am not sure if I will be there in June. Will be there in July for sure.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Kierland Commons is in North Scottsdale. Nice area. I'm in central Phoenix, ... a fair distance away, but it would be worth a drive just to meet you.

As to way WC people are so touchy? They have reputations to maintain. I on the other hand am nobody special and have met so many people better than me that "frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!" ...I just like to learn more about the art. :)

Latest Discussions