Wing Chun again... maybe

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well after much thought I am continuing with Wing Chun, but Yang style is not going away, I'm keeping it.

The opportunity is there and the actual teacher is very good and I do not think I am going to let one guy's views (that I absolutely do not agree with) influence my continuing in Wing Chun. The opportunity is there and rather easy for me to take advantage of so I will follow it a little more and see where it leads. My only goal at this point is to get my Sil Lum Tao back, after that.... I will just have to wait and see.

But I want to add that I am rather amazed at how my knees feel after standing in a Wing Chun Sil Lum Tao stance for 30 minutes or more. They feel a bit strange and I have the feeling I will regret standing that way the next day, but every time I am amazed that my knees actually feel stronger

There are some rather amazing people rather close to me in a couple styles, that I have trained before (Wing Chun being one of them), that actually appear to fit my schedule, so I think for a while I will take advantage of those opportunities.

But in the end I am a taijiquan guy (Yang style to be exact)... but Wing Chun us pretty damn cool too.

Thanks for putting up with the Taiji interloper in the Wing Chun world....

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
A while back on this thread I mentioned I have been dabbling a bit in tai chi. I continue to find so many similarities between the two arts it is almost uncanny.
My friend has taken to calling WC "southern tai chi." Where I on the other hand, refer to tai chi as "northern WC."

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
A while back on this thread I mentioned I have been dabbling a bit in tai chi. I continue to find so many similarities between the two arts it is almost uncanny.
My friend has taken to calling WC "southern tai chi." Where I on the other hand, refer to tai chi as "northern WC."

That's cool, and it is how I felt until a couple weeks ago when the other guy was trying to teach. But now I have a question about something Wing Chun/Taijiquan that I saw as a problem, that is if the man that made me doubt my decision to train Wing Chun is right about Chi Sau, it is completely against anything I have been trained in taiji. However the actual teacher there has never said anything about this. I will make that the topic of another post soon