Why you shouldn't argue with Canadians

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A radio conversation between a US naval ship and Canadian authorities...

Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln, the second largest ship in the United States' Atlantic Fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that you change your course 15 degrees North, that's ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH, or counter-measures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A radio conversation between a US naval ship and Canadian authorities...

Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln, the second largest ship in the United States' Atlantic Fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that you change your course 15 degrees North, that's ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH, or counter-measures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

LMFAO.....Excellent

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have heard that many years ago - I can't recall if the nationalities were the same but it was still just as funny then as now :D.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But notice how polite we are about it! :D

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
In the original version of the story it was Noah and the Angel on Mt. Ararat :p