Why you need to learn how to fight with a staff lol

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Where's a kung fu guy when you need one. Fight breaks out on the street and they pull out staffs like gangsta pull out guns lol. . Talk about a missed opportunity to actually fight with a staff.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Three and a half minutes in and nothing was happening, it says it's 11 minutes long but I'm, not sitting watching a bunch of chaps wandering around doing little for that long I m afraid.

thanson02

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Action starts about 5 minutes into the video. I am glad my staff sparring training will come in being handy if I ever end up in India. :p

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Action starts about 5 minutes into the video. I am glad my staff sparring training will come in being handy if I ever end up in India. :p

Cheers for that, I was sitting wondering when it started because I wasn't going to sit there any longer.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Three and a half minutes in and nothing was happening, it says it's 11 minutes long but I'm, not sitting watching a bunch of chaps wandering around doing little for that long I m afraid.
Sorry about that. I forgot to put where the action starts. I normally just fast forward to the action and forgot to actually give the time.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I took another look at it trying to figure out what they were throwing at the people. And it looks like a literal case of "Sticks and Stones" .

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
... and flower pots.
lol I thought the flower pot thing was funny. He just tips it over breaks it and throws a piece and the way he did it was as if the flower pot was going to bite him.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've been told that lathi are popular in India. They're a staple of several different native martial arts.

The techniques used are pretty standard two-handed stuff. Some over-head downward swings and some "cave man" swings.

Dude in the blue turban is unarmed and so "crashes" in as his opponent draws the stick up in preparation, the blue turban wrests the stick away and uses it himself. A few seconds later another dude with a long stick is doing the standard over-head straight down strike and another dude with a shorter stick is doing intercepting strikes (cut #1 on the western diagram) either to actively parry the long stick or to attack the hands of long stick.

Stuff wasn't too bad over all and seemed to end pretty quick.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Mdwilson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
And no one knocked over the motorcycle parked right in the middle of the whole thing. Lol!!

Latest Discussions