Why Train In Ninjitsu/Ninjutsu?

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Of all the different schools of martial arts, why did you chose Ninjitsu/Ninjutsu? In some martial arts, you can get a blackbelt in 2 year of less. Physical fitness, mind and body aren't an issue either. There are much easier roads to take to learn to beat down someone. Buy a gun!

I know that the purpose usually evolves from say - to get in shape or 'it was close to home, my best friend, or dad got tired of me getting beat up, etc., but if you've been in it constantly for over 18 months, what is your purpose and expectation now. For me, it started with personal physical training, but now, its to prepare for a future profession and service when called. What's yours.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
i have always wanted to do martial arts. as a child of the 80's i saw the whole martial arts boom! kung fu theatre in the early 80's, mid 80's ninja boom, karate kid... ummm whenever that was, then the video games. never had the time or the resources to join a school. then when i grew up i needed a change of routine. i believed that ninjutsu was a myth so i didn't even pay it no mind. i started looking at different schools and styles. the one really only offered here is epak and didn't really liked what they had to offer. when i found out that one could learn ninjutsu as a legit art i started to research. i must have looked at everything from a. kim to moving to japan and finding the makato clan! ;) i found rtms and decided it was the school for me. something modern, young, and had a strong foundation of all aspects of the arts and ninjutsu.

peace

OP
S

sojobow

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Interesting. Good for you. But what made you decide on Ninjutsu. Surely, there were plenty of other martial art schools that were much easier to find in the yellow pages. Why Ninjutsu which must have been a lot harder to locate a school to train with (not to say a much easier art to train with versus Ninjutsu).

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
well what made me choose it was being a child of the 80's i would run around with my plastic swamp meet sword strapped to my back (curved;)) and climb on trees. when i found ninjutsu as a real art/style i knew it had to be ninjutsu. i thought i was in pretty good shape but nothing could have prepared me for the training that is required. not very many overweight experienced practicioners in our schools.
peace

A

AaronLucia

Because who wouldn't want to learn the arts of the Ninja? :)

Latest Discussions