Why do White Supremacists use the word Aryan?

R

rmcrobertson

There are some things, Bester, that are beyond individual repair--because their histories and meanings were not constructed by individuals.

Again, one sees that you have no evidence of my calling for banning anything--you have conjecture, thoughts about what you think somebody else thinks. And you have claims that what other people write makes them, "fellow travellers," of those who wish to expunge some of our history's uglier remnants. Sorry, quite the contrary. Should we start claiming that because you discuss Nazis, you are one? Same logic.

As for the claims about, "your own pompous words," etc. etc, yada yada, coupled with the attempt to assert that as somebody with real stuff to do, you Just Have Better Fish To Fry, well, fry away. However, it is noteworthy that anonymous posters...oh, never mind.

Skip the personal nonsense, since you wouldn't know me from Adam. Just argue the ideas; provide support for your claims. Otherwise, it looks like you just plain can't.

What remains interesting about this thread isn't its notes about the out-and-out Aryan Brotherhood loons. It's the suggstions about the ways that some not-all-that-different ideas and fantasies about histories are tangled up with all of our--repeat repeat OUR--ideas and ways of living.

For example, "Lord of the Rings," (much as one loves the books and movies) has always had, if you but look, some fairly nasty and anti-democratic ideas about races and destinies.

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
Sorry "Not-Da-Wan", A read through of the majority of your posts on those subjects will illustrate my points easily. I do not need to quote, reference, etc. Do a search here in The Study, for posts made by "rmcrobertson", and read the ones dealing with those topics I referred to. It will be clear. Say what you wish, your own bigotry and prejudices shine clearly.

As to my identity, maybe I simply don't wish to fail your class this year Doc. LOL!!!

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
It was stated that the majority of Aryan people living in the world today are in India and Iran. This is true, but they originally came via Europe. Going way back to roughly 2000BC, there was what we now call the Indo-Aryan invasion. This was waves, spread out over a few hundred years as far as we can tell, of warlike, uncivilized peoples coming out of europe invading into parts of India mostly. They'd come into an area, dig in start intermarrying and such. The area was home to civilizations that were already fairly old, but the Indo-Aryans were more aggresive and had better weapons. In a short period of time they were politically powerful. With the intermarriages, the Indo Aryans lost some of their pale european features, but were still much lighter than the native peoples. Indian class system was starting up around here, and early linguistic examples of racism built into language first appeared. i.e. terms like 'dark = evil, and light being associated with good.

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I think they were getting the idea from this:

aryan One of the three As of metahistory, the other two being Aquarius and Atlantis.

The word aryan is a cue charged with momentous implications, especially when capitalized. In Arktos (Basic Reading) Jocelyn Godwin explains how the term Aryan was introduced around 1820 by speculative historians who were pondering the origin of the diversity of human races. Some Romantic philosophers of the time, such as Friedrich von Schlegel [1767 * 1845] were deeply affected by Sanskrit religious texts that were just then coming to be read in the West, and they saw in the ancient Indian culture a kind of apex of humanity. Schlegel theorized that the ancient Hindus belonged to a root-race originally united with the Nordic or Scandinavian peoples. He called this Indian-Nordic mix “Aryan.” (Godwin, 38ff) Quite soon other myth-making historians took up the clue. With a few decades Aryan came to indicate a “master race” that had existed in primordial times and may have established a lost civilization in the region of the North Pole.

The belief in a master race was promoted by Gobineau’s tract On the Inequality of Human Races, published in 1853. The author, a French diplomat, endorsed the belief in the natural superiority of the White Man and warned that the purity of the bloodline had been tainted by centuries of mixed marriage. This belief later became a central factor in Nazi political theory. It remains to this day a cherished and violently defended principle of self-styled Aryan brotherhoods such as the Aryan Nations of Utah in the USA.

In parallel with the emergence of Nazi racial ideology, another concept of Aryan was developing. In Theosophy, the spiritual movement founded by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky in 1875, Aryan was the name given to a lineage of super-evolved human beings who were believed to oversee and guide the human race. Theosophists argued that the word derives from the Sanskrit arya, “noble, advanced.” The Aryan Masters of Blavatsky were the Mahatmas, “great spirits” who represent the evolutional avant-garde of the human species. Collectively, they are called the Great White Brotherhood. In the teachings of theosophy, these benevolent spiritual guides are selflessly dedicated to serve humanity, quite unlike Nazis megalomaniacs intent upon imposing upon the world the ideology of a Master Race. Rarely has a term been charged with such diametrically conflicting beliefs as Aryan.

-------------------------------

Here is how stupid some people are……Hitler was trying to promote Aryans as a master race to eventually take over the world…..according to him Aryans have blue eyes and blond hair……Hitler had neither.

OP
K

Kane

Black Belt
Reaction score
redfang said:
It was stated that the majority of Aryan people living in the world today are in India and Iran. This is true, but they originally came via Europe. Going way back to roughly 2000BC, there was what we now call the Indo-Aryan invasion. This was waves, spread out over a few hundred years as far as we can tell, of warlike, uncivilized peoples coming out of europe invading into parts of India mostly. They'd come into an area, dig in start intermarrying and such. The area was home to civilizations that were already fairly old, but the Indo-Aryans were more aggresive and had better weapons. In a short period of time they were politically powerful. With the intermarriages, the Indo Aryans lost some of their pale european features, but were still much lighter than the native peoples. Indian class system was starting up around here, and early linguistic examples of racism built into language first appeared. i.e. terms like 'dark = evil, and light being associated with good.

Actually I have read that Aryans originated either from Persia (Iran) or a little more Northern Asia. So the first Aryans did not come from Europe.

Another irony about Nazis version of the perfect Aryan is that they thought that the ideal Nazi was blonde haired and blue eyes. When in fact the ideal Aryan (I am basing this off the first Aryans) have black hair and any eyes. They did have lighter skin than let's say than many Indians but it wasn't as pale as A person of Nordic roots.

While debating with the so call Aryan Nations, the Nazi I was debating with said that India had failed with their caste system and that is why they are all darker. This however is also a contradiction to whether on he is Aryan. For one it is believed that Aryans that migrated to Europe mixed with the natives "white" people of the region thus acquiring blonde hair and blue eyes.

Furthermore there is even a possibility that European Aryans actually mixed with Neanderthals, because some Anthropologists argue that Neanderthals may have actually been living even up to 4,000 years ago. So basically that would mean European Aryans are much further away than Aryans from let's say, India. Since the original Aryans were pure Homo Sapiens, which would mean the Aryans of Europe would be MUCH further than any other race to Aryan.

The more you think about it, White Supremacists that use "Aryan" are even more dumber than any other Anti-Semitic group.

B

Baytor

Kane said:
The more you think about it, White Supremacists that use "Aryan" are even more dumber than any other Anti-Semitic group.
No. They are all equally foolish.

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
I think they were getting the idea from this:

aryan One of the three As of metahistory, the other two being Aquarius and Atlantis.

The word aryan is a cue charged with momentous implications, especially when capitalized. In Arktos (Basic Reading) Jocelyn Godwin explains how the term Aryan was introduced around 1820 by speculative historians who were pondering the origin of the diversity of human races. Some Romantic philosophers of the time, such as Friedrich von Schlegel [1767 * 1845] were deeply affected by Sanskrit religious texts that were just then coming to be read in the West, and they saw in the ancient Indian culture a kind of apex of humanity. Schlegel theorized that the ancient Hindus belonged to a root-race originally united with the Nordic or Scandinavian peoples. He called this Indian-Nordic mix “Aryan.” (Godwin, 38ff) Quite soon other myth-making historians took up the clue. With a few decades Aryan came to indicate a “master race” that had existed in primordial times and may have established a lost civilization in the region of the North Pole.

The belief in a master race was promoted by Gobineau’s tract On the Inequality of Human Races, published in 1853. The author, a French diplomat, endorsed the belief in the natural superiority of the White Man and warned that the purity of the bloodline had been tainted by centuries of mixed marriage. This belief later became a central factor in Nazi political theory. It remains to this day a cherished and violently defended principle of self-styled Aryan brotherhoods such as the Aryan Nations of Utah in the USA.

In parallel with the emergence of Nazi racial ideology, another concept of Aryan was developing. In Theosophy, the spiritual movement founded by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky in 1875, Aryan was the name given to a lineage of super-evolved human beings who were believed to oversee and guide the human race. Theosophists argued that the word derives from the Sanskrit arya, “noble, advanced.” The Aryan Masters of Blavatsky were the Mahatmas, “great spirits” who represent the evolutional avant-garde of the human species. Collectively, they are called the Great White Brotherhood. In the teachings of theosophy, these benevolent spiritual guides are selflessly dedicated to serve humanity, quite unlike Nazis megalomaniacs intent upon imposing upon the world the ideology of a Master Race. Rarely has a term been charged with such diametrically conflicting beliefs as Aryan.

-------------------------------

Here is how stupid some people are……Hitler was trying to promote Aryans as a master race to eventually take over the world…..according to him Aryans have blue eyes and blond hair……Hitler had neither.
Interesting. What would Hitler have made of me? I have blue eyes and blonde hair...

Thank you for an informative post.